4 Corner Adjustment - Linearity Distortion

@Philips_Support_P is it possible to do horizontal auto keystone correction by using the onboard camera to recognise horizontal features in a room?

1 Like

Any update on the progress?

3 Likes

I have had the same issue as most in here (not a square image) and I just thought it was ā€œnormalā€ but I have now received my second pico today (bought one for my parents) and it does not have this issue. I believe it is a manufacturing defect in the original unit as no matter the surface the pico is projecting on, it never produces a square image - always a trapezium. The focusing is also far louder in the original.

Please tell me what comparison pics you would like me to upload to further demonstrate the issue.

Someone from Screeneo really should make clear if itā€™s factory issue and reason for replacement or itā€™s fixable by FW. Iā€™m also facing this issue and I thought itā€™s normal and Iā€™m not happy with it

All of them! Well, those you consider showing enough to display the difference between the two devices would be really helpful.

The issue that this thread is addressing is not about correct rectangular projection, this is about linearity distortion that happens even if you manually adjust the image correctly with 4-corner adjustment.
The image does not compensate for the angle the projector is at relative to the projection and distorts the image (one side stretched, the other compressed).
Your issue sounds different and there are threads of users mentioning that issue.

Thatā€™s the distorsion we are talking about. Am I understanding correctly thatā€™s an hardware issue? Size of icons is almost doble from left to right.

I donā€™t think this is a hardware issue. The 4 corner correction is purely done in software unlike the vertical keystone correction. Hopefully, this one will be fixed soon. 4 corner correction right now is almost like an anti-feature because itā€™s not working properly and takes a lot from the system performance.

2 Likes

Yes you are correct. That is different to my issue -

Red = Original Pico
Yellow = 2nd Pico
Black = Rectangle

Unless you created a bracket to hold the PPX in the exact same position, which you have securely mounted at the same spot, for both sets of pictures, you canā€™t compare these pictures. Any offset from the lens plane being perpendicular to the wall will create a distorted non-rectangular picture.

Any progress on the linearity distortion with 4 corner correction?? (not the rectangular image issue some people started talking about)

Any ETA?

Yes, this bug has been fixed and is internally in testing. It will be included in the next software update.

4 Likes

This is fantastic news. Iā€™ll be much more likely to get the projector out if it can better handle a less than ideal off-centre setup.

1 Like