Alternative tripod - telescopic!

Thanks for that but I am looking for something with a bit more telescopic ability.

Me too.will order my case and stand when it arrives …wish at least we didn’t have to buy a tripod with this high end projector but I have one on my mind

What I’ve gotten is a mini telescopic just to give it a little elevation that the original tripod couldn’t provide.

ULANZI MT-08 Mini Extendable Handheld Tripod Compatible with iPhone/Samsung/Google Smartphone Clamp for Travel Vlogging Compact Travel, 1/4" Tripod Head https://www.amazon.sg/dp/B07ZJCFQSZ/

2 Likes

You mean something that can be smaller when collapsed?
This one is kinda telescopic. The feet can be adjusted into 2 lengths.

I have gone for a mini tripod/monopod foot (below)
I already have a monopod so i can use this on its on (table top etc) or screw the end of my monopod on it and open the legs flat (about 30 cm radius base) then my monopod can be adjusted from 40cm to 1.6 m high… Plenty of adjustment!!! I also already have a ball head for all this so all good!)

Koolehaoda Monopod Holder Stand… https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GRP4H25?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

4 Likes

I now have my PPM (yay)
I have added some picture of my monopod set up on the facebook ppm owner group
The monopod can be adjusted to any hight (up to 1.65m from the floor) :wink:

!
DSC_3721|281x500](upload://ozcmI0UTm3w7sxcUTACrMEfvwD.jpeg) !
DSC_3727|281x500 ![
4 Likes

Hi all

Like most owners I am not that keen on the supplied tripod. It does the job but adjustments are fiddly and it just feels unstable.

I generally will use the tripod on a table but when outside I want to use a telescopic tripod. I do have one I got free a few years ago with a camera BUT the PPM is very unstable on it. As others have noted- the thread is too shallow on the unit.

So, is anyone using a telescopic tripod safely that they can recommend? I’d be most grateful. Thanks

If you want a stable tripod, I would suggest a proper camera tripod. The PPX is way too heavy for small lightweight telescopic tripods. I’m using a SLIK tripod that I bought years ago for use with my Canon DSLR.

I’m using a tripod footed camera monopod which works really well.

I’ve added a couple of 500g weights to the feet just to make it a little more stable, allowing you to tilt the monopod. No ball head required.

1 Like

Hi,
I’ve got a SIRUI and it fits perfectly with ppm.
In Amazon basics there’s the travel version at fair price.
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks. Any other suggestions? Just that it’s impossible to know the PPM will sit well on the screw without trying it so I can’t just pick one and buy it easily. Personal experiences are a great help.

I assume everyone has had the same issue with other tripods not screwing far enough into the base of the PPM?

Just get a good ball head that fits properly and you can use whatever tripod you may have already.

That’s the problem. I had a decent telescopic one but the PPM sits very precariously on top - the screw hole isn’t set deep enough. Anyone else having this issue?

I also went the monopod with feet route
For the feet, i went for a great little table tripod which can also lay flat as a monopod feet. The feet also extend, giving a 30 cm radius base if needed.
The momopod hight can be adjusted to any hight (up to 1.65m from the floor!)
Have a look on this post

@Happytoon, do you have links to the equipment you have here?

Thanks,
Bryan

The link for the tripod is in my first post, see the link above.