Amazon Prime Issue "HDMI Connection"

Hi,

I’ve recently updated my PPM to Service Update 1.1.05, and then went on to install the recommended update for Amazon Prime (https://ppx620.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/apk/Prime+Video+Android+TV_v5.2.13.apk). I’m able to log into the app, but whenever I try to play content I get the following error:

"HDMI Connection

There’s a problem with the connection to your TV. Try using a different HDMI cable."

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, thanks

Hi,

In my case this very annoying message shows only once. If I click play again it works.
I have to say that it happens not occasionally but absolutely every time I start the application and it is really annoying. I hope this bug gets fixed.

Also I have noticed that sometimes after 2-3 hours of play the video stops while audio keeps playing. I was not able to recover from this state unless I power off and on the whole PPM.

Anyone else seeing that?

Kind regards

2 Likes

In my case this very annoying message shows only once. If I click play again it works.

Thank you! Pressing play multiple times works for me too. (At least for now…)

@Philips_Support_P Any hope for a real fix at some point? Prime video must be one of the main apps used on the PPM.