Amazon prime video TV version: something went wrong

Hi everyone,
I have the amazon prime video phone/tablet version working fine
However, in the TV version, it says “something went wrong” when I try to watch any show (I can log in and even watch trailers!). The same happens when I install an older version of the app.
Since the video quality in the phone/tablet version is not ideal, I wonder if anyone has the same problem and come across a solution.
software 1.2.1

Same issue here but if you try again to play it always works on the second attempt.

1 Like

The same here, at 1st attempt i’ve got an “Hdmi error” even if I don’t have any Hdmi cable attached,
at 2nd attempt everything runs smoothly. Enjoy your Prime Video account and maybe "The Expanse Season 5 " :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately this doesn’t work for me. But yes, I am a big fan of The Expanse!

1 Like

It seems that I’m not the only one having this problem.
Also it seems that not everyone is experiencing the same behavior.

I’m starting to think that something might be wrong with some units and Philips keeps quiet about that.
In my case having this HDMI error (100% repeatable) is not a big problem. I just know that I have to start the movie twice.
It is important to mention though that the free content (ie movie trailers) won’t throw the error, just when you try to play something copyrighted so I’m assuming that it is related to DRM in some way.

Though the part which annoys me really bad with Prime & PPX is that in some cases (maybe once every 2-3h of watching, but this is not repeatable) the video image stops playing while sounds keeps going. No matter what I do I cannot restart the image playback (stop/restart play, close/restart Prime). Other applications would work just fine (ie Disney+, YouTube, Ziggo GO).
Only solution working is to power off/power on.
That is annoying! Very annoying!

Anyone has any clue how can I investigate what is causing this?
Any idea why only with Prime?

I had the same issue a few weeks ago: on Prime Video sound is going on but the movie stopped. A recovery factory reset (as suggested by Philips support) solved the issue.

I had 1 occasion only that everything frozen, had to push the button to kill the machine.
I’ll try with the not copyrighted content, interesting and yes it could be a DRM issue that happens with Prime App only.

Cheers

Can you share the steps you followed?

Here the steps I got from the support:

How to do a Recovery Factory Reset

Warning: all your apps and settings will be erased. However, any software updates and preloaded apps will stay.

1. Power off the projector
  2. Insert a pin or SIM eject tool in the Reset hole (see picture below), till you feel the reset button press.
  3. Keep it pressed and press-and-hold the power button to start the projector in Recovery mode.
  4. Once it starts in recovery mode, use the remote control to select “Wipe data/factory reset ” option.
  5. After the reset is completed, reboot the projector.

Bild

2 Likes