Amazon Prime Videos wouldn't play

Any suggestions?

Ciao, sei riuscito a far funzionare prime? Nel caso quale versione utilizzi? Grazie

Same here, received my PPM yesterday

1. Connected wifi
  2. Updated the SW to latest version
  3. Logged into Netflix
  4. Noticed that Netflix seemed to run in some exteme low res mode, both thumbnails and video looked like low res gif files.
  5. Tried removing Netflix and installing all other available versions in the Aptoide TV store, none works.
  6. Logged into Prime, no previews or posters loaded, only loading progress spinners everywhere.
  7. Uninstalled Prime and tried all other available versions in the Aptoide TV store, none works.
  8. Installed HBO Nordic, tried to start it. Did not work. “Requires Google Play”.
  9. Gave up on the software, thought ok, at least I can connect a Chromecast and see my 3 streaming services that way and just live with the projector not actually being smart.
  10. Connected a chromecast, Video worked, got my hopes up.
  11. Found out Bluetooth audio is not supported with external video sources.

So now I’m at a point where I either return the unit or sell it I think. There are just too many broken expectations. I won’t be able to use it anyway near as mobile and hassle free as I expected.

1 Like

Update: a factory reset and ignoring the update request in Netflix made Netflix work.

1 Like

Prime?

There is a service update: Software Update v1.1.01 is available now which has working Amazon Prime preinstalled.

2 Likes

Much appreciated, Thanks!

1 Like

No, Prime still does not work after factory reset on the current SW version.

1 Like

Thanks

Please take and give it some time. You have a 30 day window to decide. Do inform yourself a bit more about the discrepancy between what you want and expected, and what is actually available at the moment or near future. Once you have this clear, please send me a PM or start a new post summing these up, and we’ll see if we can help you get the gaps closed.

Thanks, the Netflix issue alone will surely generate a lot of bad will, naturally not all buyers will take the time to read through the forums before venting their concern (much like I did). (Most users will update Netflix directly)

There is nothing included in the box to give the impression that you as a buyer is a beta tester and that the software is nowhere near ready. Nor does it mention not to update Netflix. I understand that adding a note of some kind would be a huge logistical hurdle in the factory/packaging line. But how about this. You make the default background (wallpaper) include a disclaimer. In “home” you could also include a link as one of the tiles to the forums (even better to a specific post) which sum up the known issues and the fixes that are on their way.

That way you get a better onboarding experience and might calm the user down a bit giving hope that it might one day work as expected.

3 Likes

Could you post this as a suggestion in the Feature Suggestions section please? That way it won’t get lost in tech queries here. Thanks!

This is an excellent suggestion. Actually it’s a pity that the planned EasySetup app is blocked indefinitely due to Bluetooth. But we are planning to revive it, and add an extra few steps about what users need to know regarding Netflix and similar.

2 Likes

Will do.

Installed the new Version and i can use prime with the help of the Mouse-Pointer button, otherwise impossible with only the arrows button

1 Like

Yesterday I’ve updated the installed version with the one from Aptoide and was able to also navigate without mouse-pointer.

Thanks fraho for the follow up. Which Version of Prime and PPM firmware?
Thanks

1 Like

Same here…

1 Like

Just updated at 1.1.02 and Prime still not running proprerly.
Version 3.0.269.106747
what version do you suggest?

Just download the other one it’s called amazon instant video…
It works on mine

And by the way,
The new update (today 18/05/20) amazon prime app still doesn’t work.