Amazon Prime Videos wouldn't play

Same here. I received PPM yesterday. Since Prime Video thumbnails didn’t appear, I uninstalled it, cleared CACHE and reinstalled it from aptoide. Now I can see the thumbnails but I can’t play videos with the same error message as @phil .
Will anybody please let me know how to resolve this?

To all those who don’t have a working Amazon Prime: if you post asking for help, please include the exact version you are having issues with.
“The Aptoide one” or “the latest version” aren’t specific answers either, as there are many versions in any store and new versions appear regularly making the one you have possibly not “the latest”.

Hello @IvoGrijt,

Another simple solution would be - Since Amazon prime is working very fine for you, please let the community know what that version is - so that everyone would try to install that particular version and give their feedback. Wouldn’t that be easy.

Coming to the Picomax spec - it is currently on the latest version - V1.1.02

Let us know if that helps.

Thank you

1 Like

I would not have any problems doing so, in fact I have already done so before in this very thread. I’ll also update the working apps list then.

It’s still always a good practice to be specific when reporting issues, in a forum, in support mails, or even at the doctor. “Yeah, I got some belly ache after I ate something” isn’t going to help the doctor, now is it? :man_health_worker:t4::wink:

Sure @IvoGrijt,

I am a very detailed person and can be more specific if you would like to.
I have already been very specific if one of my earlier posts, but alas, the post has been marked as “Answered” by your team, even when multiple other people are posting that they are having issues.

Please post the amazon prime software version that needs to be downloaded, and we shall do that.

Just to let you know - in aptoide, TWO apps show up when we search for amazon prime.

Thank you

1 Like

Hello all, here you can download the exact APK that is preloaded on PicoPix Max and is verified working in our lab and on my personal unit.

If you perform a factory reset, you will also get this same version preinstalled. If it still doesn’t work, please check if your internet connection might be causing issues.

3 Likes

This apk file solved my problem that Amazon Prime would not play on PPM.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, as i wrote before I did a factory reset after installing the update 1.1.02 and I’m using the app installed by default. ( Version 3.0.269.106747). Not working. My connection is quite good
I will try with the apk but in general the app is not running proprerly.

Hi everyone,

After updating my PPM to 1.1.02 the prime app (pre-installed version 3.0.269.106747) no longer works: i.e. am able to open the app, but thumbnails do not load and videos do not play.

I’ve had issues with the Prime videos app in March but resolved it back then by installing version 3.0.264.73847 using the steps in my previous post.

I’ve removed the pre-loaded app and installed the previous version 3.0.264.73847 again (without restart or cleanup). After that, the apps works again.

However, after restarting the PPM, the pre-loaded version 3.0.269.106747 is back and the app is not working again.

Any tips?

1 Like

Updating to the latest version might help? Download Amazon Prime Video latest 3.0.272.14347 Android APK

2 Likes

Hehe should have thought of that. Works like a charm, thanks!!!

1 Like

Is anyone else having problems using Amazon with their Airmote?

I can log in and manouvre around easily enough but it wont play a film from the main page for some reason.

This version fixed the problem for me : movies are now playing. Thanks for watching after the newest release and sharing the link to us.

1 Like

Hi @Pabl0,
the latest version to date (3.0.270.65747 as pointed in IvoG’s post above) works fine in my device with the provided Airmote : I can navigate and play a movie (via streaming, not tested on downloaded ones).

1 Like

On Amazon Prime Video, I can use the pointer fine enough, but OK button and navigating by arrows is painful.

I have another kind of issue: if I use prime video on my fire stick, all videos play HD immediately, without any issue.
If I use the app on PPM, usually the first 10s of the video are loaded in HD. Then the video gets stuck. Then I I go back 10s in the video, the video restarts at very very low quality for several minutes, then it finally recovers in kinda HD.
Strangely, I was never able to watch some of the shows in HD, e.g. “The upload”. My son’s cartoons stream better :slight_smile:

Same 5Ghz network, same room, same all.

Installing the latest prime video fixes the problem, I also confirm that.

1 Like

Hi,

I had the same ptoblems. I noticed that the time was far away from reality ± 1 day. So prime had problems to play. I set it now manually in the hidden menu, but every start up i need to do it again…

I have tried all settings to get automatic correct time and date, but did not work.
I am on version 1.1.02

Stefan

1 Like

SOLVED: I can log into Prime, but there won’t be any pictures of the movies, only text. When clicking on movies, it takes a while and then I got an error message, that I have to restart the app. I even did a full reset and a software update, but it doesn’t work. Anybody had the same issues?
Thanks!

Had the same problem. What worked for me was to download the prime app from the aptoide store (you’ll see that it doesn’t show as installed) and not to use the preinstalled one.

1 Like

When it happened to me, I downloaded the Prime APK directly from the internet on my computer and installed it via USB. There’s a thread on it somewhere.

1 Like