Amazon Prime Videos wouldn't play

It’s very difficult to troubleshoot if you do not mention the version of Prime app or the Firmware version you’re running, by using the actual number. Apps and firmware get updated regularly, and you may believe you’re on the latest version but actually not be.

So update your post to include the actual version numbers please.

I’m running Prime version 3.0.267.38057 on FW 1.0.29 without any problems.

Prime Video version 5.2.4-googleplay-armv7a; firmware version 1.3.10

:flushed:
:thinking:
Are you sure you’re talking about the PicoPix Max? As far as I know, there is no firmware version 1.3.10
I think you’re referring to the launcher version, what you need to look up is the software version.

Also, you’ve got the wrong Amazon Prime Video version: you’ve got the AndroidTV version. The PPM isn’t running AndroidTV, but rather AOSP Android.
The version of Prime video you need to download is the regular Android version, found for instance here:

or here:

https://apkpure.com/amazon-prime-video/com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient

Please uninstall your current app and install the Android version, not the Android TV version.

2 Likes

My latest software version is 1.0.29
I am trying to download the amazon prime video app from the firefox app in the ppm. It is taking forever. Is it supposed to? It says “Downloading …”
I tried the second link but it says to go to security in settings and allow unknown sources. Which settings? as the ppm does not have ‘security’ in settings.
Thank you.

You should install it using the Aptoide TV app. While searching or browsing make sure to get an Android version, not an Android TV version.

Okay, after a LOT of trial and error, I finally have Prime Video! Thanks so much.

2 Likes

What version works, I’ve done all suggested and still doesn’t function

Which version do you have installed right now that doesn’t work, and what do you define as not working?

Can confirm. Updated to 1.0.29 and Prime wouldn’t load.
Went into Apitode and uninstalled it.
Searched prime video in Apitode search, found it and clicked on “other versions “. Found 3.0.268.28457. Installed it, signed in… working fine.

1 Like

Got projector today. Prime was amazing and quick. Updated the projector firmware and now prime just wont work, spinning circles and wont play. Help?

Had the same issue. I updated the Prime app as well and it started working well again.

3 Likes

Just got the PPM today, updated firmware immediately and have the same issue with Prime as reported above. How do you update the Prime App guys? I could find it in the Aptoide TV.

Thanks

1 Like

Have this same issue. It seams there is no prime app update available and all I see is spinners, if I search for a content and click play there - it won’t load either.

same issue, solved it for me as well

to Update go to to the app toid thing and select Amazon Prime. You will see it by scrolling across the top line of apps. In the Amazon click update.

Mine still has same problem with spinning circles on shows and films. I can watch trailers though.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted the machine, everything to no avail.

Will keep trying. I know it isn’t the internet connection as Netflix is super smooth.

1 Like

Likewise could log in but the only thing I see is the spinning wheel on all the boxes

Have you guys looked at the suggestions in this thread: Amazon Prime Videos wouldn't play ?

Thanks to a recommendation from folks on the forum I installed the Aurora app store , updated the Amazon up from there to whatever the latest version is and it now works well. Deffinetly better quality video through the Amazon Firestick than via the native updated App though.

Thanks

When you say better quality, what exactly do you mean? Bitrate, resolution, color rendition, …?

The picture is sharper, crisper through Firestick, whether it’s Prime, Netflix or Disney + , so I guess that’s resolution. New to all this.

Colour seems the same to me. A little washed out and uninspiring compared to what I’m used to with my TV experience but still watchable for sure. I’ve not played around with any of the other Picture settings other than Sharpness so if anyone has any recommendations on what to set Contrast etc to please let me know.

For reference, I turned down Sharpness setting on PPM to 0 and found that improved overall viewing experience. Disney+ App running latest starwars movie didn’t look great at 50% , way too grainy, much better with 0%. At least for me.

Thanks

1 Like