Announcement Cleanup/Edit Suggestions

People are taking things way too literally. Here are my suggestions to make to the announcement on top.

REMOVE the following Points:

We know we are late concerning the shipping and many of you are asking about the delivery date.
The latest news from the Chinese Gov is to reopen factories on the 24th due to the Coronavirus OutBreak. Our factories are reopening slowly but they are still missing some workers as they need to spend 14 days in quarantine.

We have already 700 pieces at the factory, ready to be packed and shipped. (can be shipped only when the factory reopens): we are trying to ship those to our other factory (which is opening on 2d) to start working on them asap

Rephrase the following point or remove it

Totally 11K will be done before the 10th of April.

to something like:

We are estimating to ship additional 11K units by 10th of April.

Add the following point

We are doing micro status updates daily which can be tracked on the following thread: General info about shipment and manufacturing

Maybe add Daily Status update to the title of the thread.

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt Suggestions welcome.

8 Likes

Good suggestions. @Philips_Support_N please make the edits based on your latest info, thanks.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N Lets do the update once you ship the 1500 this week… This will give reason to cleanup other stuff as well!

@Philips_Support_N Time to update and cleanuo the announcement.

@Philips_Support_P: Are we moving to 1.0.28 beta soon?

Our engineers already sent us a news software version 1.0.27: we and our pool of early testers are using it now.

@Philips_Support_N: Even the below information is now redudndant

Old into needs to be removed

Our first factory has reopened and manufactured 250 units and our second one will produce 1,100 by Monday the 9th

All backers with issues (broken AF…) will have their replacement PicoPix Max shipped first
All forgotten backers below 4000
Next are our friends from AU/NZ

Time to revise the announcement or remove it completely.

1 Like

Maybe add this on the announcement for sometime.

I agree, the announcement at the top should be revised to more accurately reflect the current situation.

If possible maybe put a link in the announcement to the general shipping thread where updates are being posted.

I’m not sure if it’s possible, but if so maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread for general production/shipping updates where only admins can post? That way, @Philips_Support_N could post the updates, and they wouldn’t get drowned in other replies from people asking for specific info about their individual order or situation.

4 Likes

That’s actually a great idea. @Philips_Support_P is it technically possible to have an admin only thread? We can continue discussions in General info about shipment and manufacturing thread. by referencing those posts. Thoughts?

2 Likes

It is very much possible, yes.

Thanks @IvoGrijt
@Philips_Support_N: This suggestion will be easier to track your updates for all. Please let us know on what your opinion is on this. Thanks.

Hi guys, I have made this thread a wiki, so it can be edited by anyone. Please edit the first post there with cleaned up information. Thank you for being proactive in helping us make sense of all the updates.

PS: I don’t know how to make it editable only by admins, but I think that’s not required…

That thread is not actually the banner being shown though. I therefore reversed the wiki status.

I made some changes to the banner, how do you feel about it now?

1 Like

I’d remove these wordings. Seems to irk some people.

We can not give individual dates or statuses however.

This is old and no longer applicable

Our first factory has reopened and manufactured 250 units and our second one will produce 1,100 by Monday the 9th

The following is also what we can remove from the announcement as things are progressing daily.

All backers with issues (broken AF…) will have their replacement PicoPix Max shipped first
All forgotten EU backers below 4000
Next are our friends from AU/NZ

After the lock-down by the Chinese government due to the Corona-virus Outbreak, our factories are slowly returning back to normal as workers have started to come back after their 14 day quarantine. We will update once we are at full capacity.

We are now proving daily updates, you can find them summarized in this topic:
Latest News Updates Summarized

Highlights:

• All AU/NZ orders have been shipped.
  • Shipment of backers who have sent back their faulty PPMs will be prioritized. Some have been shipped already.
  • EU backers below 4000 will be shipped next

We are estimating to ship additional 11K units by 10-Apr-2020. We continue to ship in 500/1000 batches.

1 Like

@IvoGrijt I have tried to rework the whole thing.

I’d recommend we omit any estimations whatsoever, even the one below.
We are estimating to ship additional 11K units by 10-Apr-2020.

We should update this every time we ship and once we have the 2nd production line up and running.

and a quick comment on the thread… [Latest News Updates Summarized]

I see you did reverse chronological for the first post; would have preferred chronological. Going forward add a reply below. This will help people gauge the date of the updates without jumping to the other thread. The less clutter we have the better. :slight_smile:

I considered chronological order, but decided to go with reverse for now because:

• I wanted to see what would be preferred by the community
  • Older information becomes known and obsolete if you read it every time first. This way you get the latest news first, without needing to scroll down

With regards to the dates of the updates, I think I’ll just add a date line between the updates to provide that information. When composing the post I had hoped the date would show up next to the quote. I also want to encourage people to jump to the posts quoted so they can interact with it there, as they can’t in the summary thread anyways.

2 Likes

cool… lets adapt based on more feedback on this. :smiley: