App installation from Aptoide doesn't work

mine around 30mb.

Try uploading it to the forum

I tried to attach it to this message, but it didn`t work. Or what do you mean with ā€œto the forumā€?

Hey, you can use https://wetransfer.com .

1. Open https://wetransfer.com
  2. Click on the ā€¦ button next to ā€œTransferā€;
  3. Choose ā€œGet transfer linkā€ from the radio buttons;
  4. Click again on the ā€¦ button;
  5. Upload your file;
  6. Give us the link :wink:

Cheers,

1 Like

Great, thank you. Here you go:
https://we.tl/t-SSXfIQ8DmM

Greets Ebbe

Both clips show the same issue: clicking on the Install button in Aptoide for the program you want to install does nothing, no download is started at all.

Can you both check the version number of the Aptoide app by clicking on the context menu button (with the 3 horizontal lines on it) from the home screen while highlighting the Aptoide app?

It`s 5.0.2

1 Like

Ivo, hoe gaat het? Je gaf aan fotoā€™s up te laden en toe te voegen aan de tread, kan alleen niets vinden. Groet Paul.

So your Aptoide doesnā€™t seem to be installing anything. Iā€™d suggest to check whether itā€™s allowed to do so, by going into the hidden Settings Menu (instructions here) and checking the following settings:
Device Preferences ->

Security & Restrictions ->

Unknown Sources ->

In the Install unknown apps screen, make sure that Aptoide TV is Allowed (slider to the right and in blue).
If you want you can enable other programs such as File Manager to install applications also.

If Aptoide TV was already Allowed (slider to the right and in blue), then weā€™ll have to do some more troubleshooting. You could try to take it off (Not allowed) for Aptoide TV, back out of the menu one level, then go back into Install unknown apps and Allow it again.

Hoi Ivo, bij mij stond idd de slider niet blauw, maar helaas na alles gedaan te hebben zoals jij hebt voorgeschreven, nog geen download mogelijkheid van app uit Optooide, groet Paul

Okay, tijd voor plan B

Plan B would be to download a couple of APKā€™s using your computer, copying them to a USB stick or SD card, and installing them using the File Manager.

The APKā€™s in question are APKPure, which is an APK installer / store; and SetOrientation, force the screen to landscape mode for apps like APKPure (unless you donā€™t mind putting the projector on its side while using APKPure). Once youā€™ve made sure the File Manager has the right permissions from above you can install these apps, and then allow APKPure the right to install apps as well

Iā€™m not able to make a step-by-step guide at this moment, but if you canā€™t sort it out on your own let me know and Iā€™ll help you with one.

Ivo, ik ga dit proberen maar heb jij voor mij de link waar ik deze APK kan downloaden?

Ivo, het allemaal gelukt! Heb de appā€™s gedownload van APKPure. Dus deze zal ik voortaan gebruiken om apps te downloaden. Ik kan dus Aptoide TV eraf ā€˜knikkerenā€™ of zal ik m houden als er weer een update komt, zodat hij wel gaat werken? Bedankt voor je inzet en hulp, wens je een fijne avond verder. Voor zover is dit probleem voor mij opgelost. Hartelijke groet Paul

1 Like

Misschien is er een update van Aptoide zelf, of bij een volgende firmware update geen issues meer.

hey ivo,
i tried both ways but none of them worked. i allowed aptoide to install, but nothing changed. i downloaded the xapk from apkpure, but i only get the message ā€œThere was a problem parsing the packageā€.
what else can i try.
best regards
ebbe

Iā€™m starting to think that thereā€™s something wrong with your network connectivity, which is why the Aptoide store itself doesnā€™t work properly and why you canā€™t download anything else.

Have you tried downloading the APKā€™s I mentioned on a computer, transferring them to a USB stick, and then installing them using File Manager?

Yes, that`s where I get the message ā€œThere was a problem parsing the packageā€.

Iā€™m sorry, when you say

which step does ā€œthatā€™sā€ refer to exactly, 1, 2, or 3:

I downloaded an apk from apkpure, saved it on an usb storage, plugged it in the PicoMax and when trying to install it, I get the message. So, it comes at step 3.

1 Like

Hi all,

Iā€™m having this problem too and cannot update nor download from aptoide.

Was this issue resolved or did I miss a thread? Please help @Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt

Thanks!