Apparent hardware failure, no red in output

U4 appears to have some hardware-level failure as the output image no longer includes a red channel. I’ve factory reset it, changed to different color profiles, and verified the complete lack of a red component through adjusting component values in User color setting. No red.

This occurs from device boot, into menu screens.

We are having this issue, too. Any idea on how to resolve?

Ended up posting on the Indiegogo site, and then was contacted by indiegogo@philipsprojection.com with a support ticket to return the failed unit.

Same here. The problem showed up after a few weeks of use. Emailed Philips via Indiegogo, hope they will replace this one ASAP.

exact same here - how quick has Philips been in their response?

The support has been exceedingly poor, to say the least. At first, they asked for pictures for proof, then said they’d replace it.

After they got the pictures they went silent for a month. When I asked for an update, they said they lost the support ticket and would instead need video to prove that I wasn’t setting things up correctly, so I pointed out how the picture I’d sent showed the failed color channel specifically.

Then they magically found the pictures and the support ticket. Again, said they’d replace the unit after asking if I wanted a refund. That was two weeks ago, and they’ve been silent since then.

I’m assuming they’re too busy with their follow up campaign trying to get a new group of suckers to buy in…

Hi There,

Same issue here. Just following up if you received a response or refund since then.

Thanks
Ethan

Luckily my experience so far has been better. I sent an email to the email @shaunpeoples mentioned and they got back to me a day later. In my initial email I’d already sent along pictures of the issue but they also requested a video. After submitting this I received a return label with the request to return everything in the original box. I should be receiving a replacement device but haven’t received any details on this yet. It’s now been 5 days since my first report. No too disappointing.

I have the same problem. The screen is completely washed out. It seems to be the red that has gone. factory reset does nothing. Hoping this can be fixed quickly. Very disappointed as the projector arrived after months of waiting and has only lasted a few months. I’ve emailed the support message in this thread and will post here to let you know how customer support manage to fix / deal with this.

I too have a similar issue, though my red channel seems to be retained and the others not working. The image is dark and with a red hue on all inputs and the home screen. We have only just started to use the projector too as it was a present for my daughter and it arrived just as we moved house. She has a friend over so we set it up, worked for one hour and then this. So disappointing. It was disappointing that the projector isn’t smart and that we needed to add our virgin box / firestick, but got over that only to use it for an hour and then this. I have posted to the indiegogo support email, but have others found a better way to deal with this through philips customer support? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide as I have a disappointed teenage daughter at the moment.

Same case here :raising_hand_man:t2:. I just informed Philips about the problem so I will let you know how this ends :crossed_fingers:t2:

I’m joining the boat. No red for me, everything looks blue from booting up. Youtube logo is grey.

Have you guys resolved it with Philips? Glad I did not throw away the original box