At Max Volume, the sound level is still low / quiet

So basically the PPX remembers the volume set during HDMI (external) use and gives that preference above any internal AOSP volume. You could say that the volume set while showing an external input source is the Hardware Volume, whereas what we see on the built-in OS is the Software Volume. When using external input sources, there’s no Android software involved, so the Hardware Volume gets changed instead. If set to a lower volume it will have consequences for the Software Volume as well.

This could be a way for those wanting an even quieter 1st volume bar level to achieve this :bulb:

1 Like

Any update to this?

I have been using PPX620 with external speakers, and most apps I can hear the volume okay on the loudest or second loudest setting. Unfortunately, Disney+ app is too low of volume on PPX620 (and my other android devices too), which means that dialogue is completely inaudible, even at the loudest AOSP setting.

Is there going to be an increase in the max volume available in a future software release?

Small update, when you dig into the Settings → More Settings → Click build number repeatedly to get to even more settings → Sound , I found an “Enforce safe volume” tick that I do not remember seeing before. Ticking that off did get me a bit more volume, but still not really sufficient.

I tested the same speaker setup with an old S9 phone via Bluetooth, and even the quiet as heck Disney+ app only needed 2/3 volume selection on the phone to be too loud.

So this is definitely a PPX620 volume configuration issue. The max volume definitely needs increased. Compression options, and more volume steps would be very helpful also.