Australia & New Zealand

People in Perth my PPM arrived today. Woohoo. Charging it now. Will send pictures of it when it has charged working

4 Likes

Haha, got the classic “you weren’t there for delivery” despite being here all day. Oh well, so close now…

…still nothing for me, I have a feeling it may have something to do with my Parcel Locker number being on someone else package and therefore rendering my package to not have a valid address when they’re looking at it locally.

It’s here!

5 Likes

Software update is taking ages.

It’s AU & NZ update traffic jam :grin:.
We have lived this when the first batch has been delivered in EU.
Sometimes, it could be better to do offline update, as described here :

And I agree, the user experience is far better after the update than before, therefore you’re right to do it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Thanks, I thought it might be, although most in Australia got theirs last week. It takes 10 days for the packages to get to the other side of the country.

It’s updated now. Was getting 20-30 KB/sec

1 Like

GUI

screen

3 Likes

No updates here in perth since 26th as well :’( Hope it arrives soon…

Anyone know what will happen for units which were returned to sender by fastway?

I have had no reply to my support email from a week ago.

Hi,

Got mine for about 2 weeks! Loving the projector, I was going to take it out on trips and etc. but stuck in lock down unfortunately. But that’s OK.

I just realised that we were meant to get airmote with the projector according to the campaign

I just got batteries which was a bit odd, but after realising later, I didn’t get the airmote!

Did everyone else have the same problem as me? Who do I speak to regarding this?

Fabian

1 Like

Yes! I hope you didn’t throw out the packaging, it’s still in there!

Read this post and further down to find out about another user’s similar experience: Australia & New Zealand

(This was in fact posted just 25 posts or so above yours)

1 Like

Hey Endo, my tracker hasn’t updated but it now shows an expected delivery date of Thursday 9th April. Check yours?

Update: Tracker has updated yay!
It’s on its way
Most recent update
Item processed at facility
PERTH WA

Date & time Wed 8 Apr • 9:28am

1 Like

Is there some sort of official complaint contact that we can use? It’s been a week since I contacted the hello@picopix address (now twice) regarding my delivery that was sent to my old address despite having an updated address showing on the backer kit page.

I fully understand that there are bigger issues in the world right now but I’m basically in limbo. Projector has been returned by Fastway from Brisbane to Sydney. Have no idea who’s actually received it there and seemingly nobody is actively doing anything about getting it sent to me in Adelaide.

I just can’t believe that in a project this big there’s a complete void in customer service for an expensive product that I’ve already waited 8 months for.

Once it has reached Australia there’s not much Philips can do. Have you spoken to Fastway? Was there any option to redirect once it had been picked up by Fastway? Mine came by AusPost, and they had the option to redirect.
Probably worth calling Fastway.

Yeah I did contact Fastway - they weren’t much help in so much that they said that they could not redirect without a new shipping label from the sender. So their default is to send back to sender after 5 days, which they have done.

That’s pretty poor. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it sorted. :frowning_face:

Use Support@screeneo.com instead Chris

Hey that’s great! Mine’s still somewhere between Sydney and Perth which is basically the whole of Australia! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Geez, how did I miss that! Thanks man. Love the user name to btw.

1 Like