Autofocus not working

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_N

When I turned on my PicoPix, the screen is blue and I have tried the autofocus button, it does not work at all. There is no reaction even if I pressed the left and right button for manual adjustment.

Please let me know if the machine has something wrong. Thanks.

Vinnie Li

Post a pic or clip please

Please find attached link for the video I have taken for my PicoPix, thank you

My backer information:
backer ID 15583284
Contribution Number: 17492

Vinnie Li

@IvoGrijt

Any idea? How can I get this repair? or replaced?

Vinnie

Hi @Vinnie_Li in the video clip I saw you adjusting the focus manually in only one direction. Can you please try the following:

1. point the projector to the floor, then press auto-focus 10-15 times, let it complete each cycle.

2. point the projector to the ceiling (careful not to point it to your eyes), then press auto-focus 10-15 times and let it complete each cycle.

3. point it back at the wall, try to auto-focus.

Does it work? Also can you try to press the manual focus keys in both directions left and right? You should keep it pressed to adjust it faster than single key presses.

1 Like

Any advice for me Prashant? @Philips_Support_P

I have tried the steps that you suggested but it still couldn’t focus. Besides, when I tried the manual focus, it spin in only one direction, have I done anything wrong?

Please advise next step?

Thanks

This is the recorded video after I tried the steps you suggested, but it still didn’t focus.

Please advise the next step, thanks.

Sorry, please use this link instead.

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt

Is there any feedback about this, I have tried all the steps you advise, but still the same.
Thank you.

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P

Hello?

I have the same issue :frowning: :pensive:
I just got the device and its always out of focus and basically not usable.

Auto focus fails and manual focus doesn’t change anything.

Can you please help me ?

I also tried the steps suggested in previous posts.
In addition, there are some moving parts when tilt the device. Not sure if that’s already points for a mechanical issue.

Please help me out on this issue which was very frustrating. I have waited for over 9 months to get my Picopix shipped but was found it malfunction.

I do not want to wait another 9 months to get this fix, and by then your product is no longer a technology-sound product.

Please help!!!

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt

Please help me out on this issue which was very frustrating. I have waited for over 9 months to get my Picopix shipped but was found it malfunction.

I do not want to wait another 9 months to get this fix, and by then your product is no longer a technology-sound product.

Please help!!!

Same here.

What is the process for a getting the hardware fixed?

The fact you are not replying is so disrespectful and unprofessional.
Please let us know what should we do now.

1 Like

You should both open a ticket with support by sending an email to support@screeneo.com with the links to these videos and a detailed description of the problems. They will probably approve a return procedure and send you a return form to fill in, after which you’ll receive a shipping label from them and you’ll have to contact DHL to arrange the pickup of the faulty device. Once the unit is confirmed to be back in Hong Kong we will ship a replacement unit to you.

Thanks Philipslvo, I will try, hopefully a quick response is received.

Vinnie

@Philips_Support_P @IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_1

I’ve sent the description of the hardware problem with the requested videos 16 days ago.
I DIDN’T GET ANY RESPONSE YET!
I have a useless metal box and no-one is telling me how can I proceed with the return procedure.

Please reply the to the ticket.(https://support.screeneo.com/hc/en-us/requests/29310)
I’m feeling so helpless, the whole experience with the support is just a nightmare.
I’m so disappointed :disappointed: