Autofocus stopped working suddenly, how should I do?

I forgot to add that manual autofocus doesn’t work either.
What can I do?

@Philips_Support_P can you reproduce this issue with the new software? Our engineers didn’t modify anything there right?

My experience on this is that the first try to auto focus always fails then second try is usually successful. I noticed this around the latest update. Previously, auto focus mostly works on first try.

Finally, my autofocus works again!
I did not update anything.
I moved the PPM while it was on and the autofocus kicked in. Now it works again.
Don’t know if it was a coincidence.

Getting the same problem after latest update. Hear sound when pressing the AF button for one second but the graphic doesn’t move and screen is blurry. Luckily i can focus manually but its a pain as this should work.

Hi!
I have the same issue. Autofocus stopped working one day. I can focus manually.
I see it’s a common problem for a long time. Is there any new info, suggestion about what to do?

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_T @Philips_Support_T has the latest release v1.3.0 fixed the focus issue plaguing the prior release?

Can anyone here confirm this issue has been resolved?

Hello Rad,

The latest version does correct this.

2 Likes

Nope. I’ve 1.3 installed. Used the projector last week during the holidays It worked for 2 days as usual, and then, from one day to the next, autofocus stopped for no apparent reason. I can adjust manually though. Pressing the autofocus button seems to initiate the process, but it doesn’t complete. I only get a blurry image now. Factory reset didn’t help either.

No. It hasn’t been solved

You make a big mistake upgrading to 1.3. That is the autofocus problem sofware version. And, till this moment, we have no solution.

Hi Pablo,

Yup, I think so too. After reading up on the issue I suspect the software update 1.3 to be the culprit.

However, the strange thing is: I’ve updated to 1.3 almost a year ago when it was released. Didn’t use the projector much since, but I’d say it worked fine on at least 4-5 occasions thereafter. It simply just stopped working for autofocus on one day to the next. I’d say that a software update would cause an immediate problem, whereas this happened after a certain timeframe, without gradually building up, just suddenly.

I’ve contacted Philips support and have sent in my projector for repair. I was still within the 2-year warranty on the damn thing.

Take care,
Jurgen

I also have same issue. Autofocus stopped working this week after updating to newest software a couple of weeks back. Sucks. It was one of the features that made this so great. Philips please fix

We have had this problem for years and have not seen a remedy come through. Our projector has been an expensive paper weight. It seems to be a known hardware issue around the focus cog. I assume we should be able to get this replaced/fixed…