Battery appeared to expand

Hi @PhilipsIvo. Lately I noticed the center screw area for tripod stand seems to protrude outward. I can turn the unit around when it was placed on a flat surface. The side legs lifted from the ground. This raise the concern that the battery has expanded internally. Please advise. Thanks

1 Like

This seems to be exactly what happened to my PPM. How often do you use yours and do you mount it upside down?

No. I use it normally but always plugged in. Now I turn the power brick off when not in use. It’s always plugged in before because it’s designed to bypass the battery when it’s full.

I use it almost 5 hours daily

I do the same. It’s always plugged in. Now I wonder if battery bypass really works.

1 Like

Mine had the red/blue blinking light issue, which ended up with the battery bloating massively.

It is considered unsafe to use a LiPo battery once it’s bloated due to the fire risk.

I’m still waiting to hear back on my return. Submitted the RMA request months ago.

I informed philips regarding this issue and they are keeping it very quiet. No reply from them at all. This is highly unprofessional.

At least inform us how to get the battery replaced. I don’t mind paying if they can’t afford.

Or the very least, teach us how to bypass the battery totally for those of us using it at home.

@PhilipsIvo @PhilipsEngineering @PhilipsNono

Hi guys,

Can you find a way or formulate a plan for us to get our batteries replaced. Bloating suggest potential of fire hazard. We prefer to put out the ‘fire’ before any real issue happen.

Battery expanded may also suggest that your bypass is not working. Please revisit this and patch if necessary.

Thanks