Best external speakers?

Sadly don’t have mine yet and not on any of the next foreseeable shipments so won’t be much help for a while. Maybe in sept when I get mine😆

Sorry. Its pretty good. Bit of fiddling required in setup but largely seamless.

Glad your enjoying it, ya still fairly excited for it don’t have a projector so this will be my first and the good thing is a bunch of software foxes so by the time it gets to me the major kinks should be worked out.

The JBL Connect app required for setting two JBL Flip 5 into stereo mode also doesn’t work in PPMax because it needed location service which I could not figure out how to enable in PPMax.

So here’s what I did for JBL Flip 5 - Using the app on mobile phone, set it to stereo mode first. Then disconnect the speakers from phone’s Bluetooth. Then go to PPMax Bluetooth setting to connect the speakers. I find that sometimes, it would connect correctly in stereo mode. But sometimes it is in the Party Boost mode (mono).

Not sure if you can try this for the UE speakers too. Good luck.

Great tip. Thanks will try!

I have UE megaboom 2 and the projector connects to it flawlessly, can recommend the whole UE (mega)boom family

Hi all,

I see that almost everyone is using speakers with bluetooth. Would it make a difference to have a wifi connection regarding the possible lag of the sound? I was thinking of getting something like a homepod or a sonos speaker that allows wifi connection and would connect to the ppm via that mean.

Thanks for your feedback!

I’ve ordered the Anker soundcore motion+ myself. BT 5.0, aux in + aux-cable it charges with usb-c. It has everything the ppm needs and soundwise it performs as the jbl extreme 2 but is has the same size as a jbl flip 4 and it is waterproof.

Check out comparison videos on YouTube. Compared to it’s direct competition it outperforms all the A-brands.

3 Likes

I did a search using the keyword “Sonos” and found this post for you.

1 Like

I ordered 2 of these as well hoping it will be good

1 Like

Cheers man!
From what I’ve seen I believe sonos integration is something that will be longer than expected… maybe I’ll go ahead with a speaker that has also bluetooth…

Yeah, dont known why though. Sonos was announced in October IGG, I really do hope they still produce this!

Another 1 of my mates (3 in total who will then have PPM’s in our group) has decided to purchase, we are all very much Sonos fans.

3 Likes

I got myself a Dockin D cube Bluetooth speaker pair which works quite well with the PPM with low latency (didn’t measure but even in stereo mode almost not noticeable). Big advantages of them are the built in battery and a relatively low price (125€ for the pair, I think I got mine even for 99€) with a pretty good sound (especially in stereo mode). I got myself a portable screen as well so I can set up a decent home cinema literally almost everywhere with the PPM

1 Like

I bought a pair of UE WONDERBOOM 2s for use with the PPM and they work an absolute treat. £83 for a twin pack from SCAN Computers in the UK. Chose them because they can be paired as a true stereo pair and I’m very impressed with them so far. Watched the Hamilton trailer on Disney+ and I was blown away. They’re also durable, use Bluetooth 5.0 and the quality is impressive for a speaker the size of a large orange.

3 Likes

Partybox 100 from JBL is not working correct. Everytime Dropouts, with Smarthphones and Alexa no problems. Using a Play & Go at the moment, which is working ok. 0,15s delay.

I’ve been using a soundcore motion+ for a couple of weeks now and the Sound quality is excellent once you adjust EQ settings. Ordered a second one for stereo/surround sound but even 1 of them is great. Connects flawlessly - even the missus can use it!

2 Likes

My recommendation goes for UE megaboom product line (personally own the 2nd generation). Both devices are very mobile so you can travel with them (pack in the car for example). UE megaboom sound is clearly mega better (due to the size of the dedicated speaker of course). 2nd generation has also very good price-value ratio if you are just looking for a great external speaker

2 Likes

You can also pair them so if you have two you can do left and right audio and if you have more then two you can group the whole bunch.

I have 3 and pair them all for loud sound.

Thanks Paul do you get Latency when partied up?

I have only partied up one or two times and don’t think I noticed it, will try again this weekend if I have the time and let you know.