Bricked after first update?

Tried to update for very first time today, and it rebooted and now won’t turn on. Am using factory cables/power. Held power button differing ways and differing times. Even tried a 30-30-30reset ala router. Any case, am I bricked?

@vtl
Welcome to this forum.
When you plug it to power, which LED is lightning : none, the blue one, the red one, both ?

@Philips_Support_P & @Philips_Support_N
Any additional process & tests in order to qualify the problem ?

No light unfortunately. This is the picopix max from indiegogo. Anything else you want me to try?

Oh wait I just tried it again, blue light, turned on, then shut down within seconds. Won’t turn on again lol…

I’m sure Philips can provide a factory image to get you back to a working state. @Philips_Support_P

Please turn it off, plug the USB charging cable into the POWER port (right side), the LED on the left side should turn red. Leave it charging for 3-4 hours till the LED turns blue. Then, turn it on. Does this work?

1. Turn it off - to be clear It turned off by itself 11 hours ago, and 1 hour ago. It won’t even start so I’m not sure what you mean by turn it off

2. turn red — No lights like I said earlier, except the one time this morning after waiting 10 hours and it working for 15 seconds before it died again

3. it was plugged the entire night. My first post was 11 hours ago, and it stayed plugged overnight. So not sure what you mean here. The battery should already be full, and it still is plugged

Did you see the Philips splash screen during those 15 sec? Did it manage to reach the home screen before powering off?

nope. the current flow is, wait 1+ hour until it decides it can turn on again. press the button, and it’ll go for 5-10 seconds and turn off.

i waited for 3+ hours and the light doesn’t turn blue. basically, i wait an hour, plug/unplug, the led light turns blue, then red, then turns off after 5 seconds. that’s how i know it’s able to at least be turned on. i waited 3+ hours the first time, press power, and it turned off after 5 seconds…

seems like the thermal issue in your diagnostics page.

btw, this is a really poor user experience and sort of a waste of my time…

@vtl could you please just answer yes or no to the following 3 questions? You’ve provided a lot of info (thanks) but I need clear precise yes/no answers to be able to diagnose the root cause.

• Did you see the Philips splash screen during those 15 sec?
  • Did it manage to reach the home screen before powering off?
  • Did you have any such issue before you tried to apply the software update, was it working OK before?
  • Did you see the Philips splash screen during those 15 sec? YES
  • Did it manage to reach the home screen before powering off? NO
  • Did you have any such issue before you tried to apply the software update, was it working OK before? YES

Thanks @vtl so this is not a defective unit, hurray! It’s a software update gone wrong. It can be recovered. I will find a solution for you tomorrow.

Hi,

It’s been two business days. Do you want me to try something? Otherwise, your support team sent me an email with a return link. How should I proceed -> return/replace product or try some image to try to fix it?

Hi @vtl, are you handy with computer programs and do you have a Windows computer available? We can send you a program to erase and reload the firmware using a USB-A to USB-A cable and a paperclip. This way you can avoid the hassle of returning it to us.

2 Likes

Sure I’ll give it a shot. Please send instructions

Where are the instructions? This is dragging on far too long

Hi @vtl after checking it turns out we cannot send you the tool due to copyright reasons. I suggest you to fill the return form. It will be replaced with a new unit asap.

Hi

I filled out the form last Tuesday. It’s been almost a week and no one has gotten back to me. Can you please tell support to follow up?