Can't go "home" when having the HDMI port in when turning the device on

Mine same as yours @IvoGrijt. 20091121

1 Like

Same on my unit : 29191121

What’s the drawback of the older version ?

Slightly different gamma curve. It applies in hardware a similar tweak that you can do in software using How to improve internal video picture quality?.

Edit: To clarify, the difference is that 2019 needs about 1-2% more on the brightness slider.

2 Likes

Is this tweak of the sliders still needed ? - Wasn’t there a plan to set these settings by sefault with a fw update ? For the last official version it seemed that I needed the tweak, otherwise the picture was too dark in some scenes.

1 Like

@trappm in 1.0.29 there indeed was a bug fix, on some projectors those SW tweaks could not be saved correctly. If you’re on the latest versions, you already have the tweak. In fact feel free to readjust it to your liking. The default values are based on an average calibration, but there is variation between units, it may be beneficial for you to tweak it anyway.

Note: do not reset it to the middle (default). That’s the bad setting. The auto-applied tweak actually moves the sliders to the correct positions.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
I’m having similar issue those mentioned above (v1.1.0, VC 20200106)
My current setup is my PPM connected to USB-C for Power (power port), HDMI connected to the output of a 4-1 HDMI Switcher, and the 3.5mm jack run to my 5.1 surround sound system. In addition to this, the whole lot is connected to a smart plug I can turn it all on/off easily (so my whole media system isn’t powered when I’m not using it).

If I boot the PPM when the HDMI switcher is powered on, it will display the white Phillips boot screen, then present me with the Source selection screen, then send me to HDMI (which will display No Input if none of the switcher’s input devices are turned on). From here I can’t get back to the Android by pressing any button on the remote, and the PPM does not appear to register any remote button presses when asking to select an input (but if i mash the OK key on boot, it will drop me into the first app on the launcher, where upon exiting it will stop responding to the remote again)
While I can work around this for the interim by having the HDMI Switcher (and everything else) turned off for boot, then turning everything on (so the PPM charges and I have audio), then waiting for auto-hdmi selection to kick in, then opting to go back to Android by selecting home, it’s a rather arduous process. Can I suggest:

• Being able to select a default source on boot, irrespective of what is connected (ie. Always boot to Android, or HDMI, or USB-C), and
  • An option to disable auto-switching when new inputs are connected AND REMOVED (ie. if the HDMI switcher changes inputs, it will momentarily disconnect HDMI before connecting the new input, I don’t want to get dropped back to Android in this instance).
  • Bonus points: An option to have a popup when a new input becomes available and the option to switch to it by pressing a button (or similar) within a timeout window (ie. ‘HDMI has been connected - press OK in the next [10] seconds to switch’ - any other button press to dismiss).

Thanks

4 Likes

Can you post the last part (the suggestions only) in the feature suggestions section, with a link to here? You can just quote this part, cut it out, and paste it into a new post there (if one does not exist yet).

That way your suggestions won’t be lost in the troubleshooting topic here.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip - I’ve posted it Here

2 Likes

In my (limited) experience, the problem of not being able to get back to the android input is triggered when the PPM is turned off with the HDMI video showing.

If I don’t switch back to the android input before turning off the PPM and then turn the PPM back on, the white Philips screen shows, turns to black and I get to see the sources list. I can even get to the main menu at this point but within a second or two the PPM switches to the HDMI input. After that point, I can no longer use the airremote to go “home”. I can trigger autofocus, adjust volume and turn the device off.

If I do switch back to the Android input before turning the PPM on, the behavior will be pretty much the same as above, except the Airmote remains entirely functional after autoswitching to HDMI.

1 Like

HI there - when PM arrived i plugged my sky mini box in everything was fine - i could flick between the sky box and the main menu on the pico with no problem - now the menu button does not work and i have to keep un plugging the HDMI cable to get to the PM main menu - anyone else having this issue?

Hi Adam,

I’ve used the PPM with HDMI source connected to my laptop to stream a movie. The only issue I had, and this is not a bug, but a feature :slight_smile: , is that I actually had to go to the home screen to adjust the image and then go back and choose the HDMI source to return to the movie. Other than that, I didn’t experience any issues with HDMI.

1 Like

I also get this behavior, but it’s rather random.
If I start the PPM with the HDMI cable connected (to a computer), sometimes the remote is not reacting. Not only not being able to go to the home screen, but also focus button is not working.

If I remove and re-insert the cable, it all gets normal.

And, as I said, this is a random behavior.
I keep the HDMI cable permanently connected and most of the times I don’t have this problem.

1 Like

I too am facing this issue on USB-C video input and its consistent.
once the cable is pulgged into USB-C on PPM regardless the other end is connected or disconnected from the source, the remote home button does not work and have to remove the cable from PPM USB-C video port. @Philips_Support_P is there any update on this ?

2 Likes

We investigated this a while back, but cannot reproduce it. The only suggestion I can give right now is to do a factory reset.

Is there a way we can generate and send logs that could help you track the issue and try to debug it?

1 Like

I also get this behavior, but it’s rather random.
If I start the PPM with the HDMI cable connected (to a computer), sometimes the remote is not reacting. Not only not being able to go to the home screen, but also focus button is not working.

If I remove and re-insert the cable, it all gets normal.

And, as I said, this is a random behavior.
I keep the HDMI cable permanently connected and most of the times I don’t have this problem.

^ Exact same with mine

2 Likes

It says this is fixed in the new version v1.1.03. But after the upgrade I still cant go home while HDMI is plugged in. @Philips_Support_P

1 Like

Hi @Vish please try a factory reset, sometimes a few settings don’t get reset when updating the software.

1 Like

Can confirm this is not fixed, just had this happen on latest firmware.

2 Likes

It also keeps happening to me.
Although, I did not do a factory reset yet. Will try to do it this week-end and come back with a feedback.