Change clock setting

Maybe a silly question… the Time is wrong on my wallpaper… could not find way to update it to my local time zone… am I missing something?

Please select the correct time zone from Settings > Language & Time zones.

Make sure you connect to WiFi, the projector will automatically sync the time online.

1 Like

I am actually connected to wi-fi and time is off by 4 hours, but I guess i’ll just change it manually. Thanks

Hi. How can I manually change time? My time setting is wrong. It is set at 2016

The projector will be set to 2016 every single time you turn it on. The time is supposed to update to actual time within 10 seconds, using your Wifi connection. If you’ve restarted the projector with Wifi set up and it’s still showing 2016 then there might be some sort of technical issue about your network

The question was how to manually change the time. Unfortunately I haven’t got mine so don’t know how that would be done

Not possible to change it manually. Maybe your networks restricted.

Hello @mmeidl please check this post for how to change date/time manually:

This is quite troublesome as the time and date did not update every time.

About once out of 5 times I will need to restart the projector again. If not I will not be able to access the internet either the wrong date and time.

Surely there is a better solution than this?

Anybody found a fix for boot to 2016 problem? @Philips_Support_P

There is a workaround in progress, it should be available with the next update.

In the meantime, please check with your ISP or wifi router settings, whether UDP port 123 is blocked in your network.

2 Likes

In the past, everytime I turned on the projector (after the initial set up) it showed the correct date and time. Today when I turned it on it is showing September 15, 2020 and 3:24pm, when it should be September 29, 2020, 12:10pm. I cannot change it and it is connected to my wifi.
Why isn’t it working now.

Has this issue been solved?

That means that the last time you used it was on that date, September 15th. The system was changed to storing the last date it was used as the startup time, so it wouldn’t be too far in the past like before.

But if you’re now experiencing this issue on the latest firmware, it means something else might have changed in your network configuration, possibly blocking UDP port 123 which is used to get the internet time via NTP.

I turned on my projector now and it is showing Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 6:53pm.

Why does it no show the correct date and time?
I checked and have the latest SW and it is connected to my wifi.

It’s an Android thing! All Android Devices are set to get the time from the internet. However it is really slow on the PPM on getting the correct time, so I’m surprised there is no boot up check to call on the ntp quicker.
For some odd reason Time is still used in low level security on device communications, so this can cause a lot of problems in this day and age of Cloud services.

This is not the way my PicoPix Max worked for the first 6 months I had it. Each time I turned it on the correct date and time were displayed. Something changed just prior to the September 15th date.
Also, who cares when it was turned on last?
I want it to display the correct time and date.

| PhilipsIvo moderator, beta-tester
October 1 |

• | - |

That means that the last time you used it was on that date, September 15th. The system was changed to storing the last date it was used as the startup time, so it wouldn’t be too far in the past like before.

But if you’re now experiencing this issue on the latest firmware, it means something else might have changed in your network configuration, possibly blocking UDP port 123 which is used to get the internet time via NTP.

Ivo,

So what is the fix for my PicoPix Max not showing the correct date and time, when I turn it on.

This is not the way my PicoPix Max worked for the first 6 months I had it. Each time I turned it on the correct date and time were displayed. Something changed just prior to the September 15th date.
Also, who cares when it was turned on last?
I want it to display the correct time and date.

Philips Engineering,
Have you resolved this issue of the PicoPix Max not showing the correct date/time upon start up?