Charging/battery issue

Cable matches the original one in front of me :thinking:

yes @Mario when I switch on the PPM, with the original usb-c and power adapter, the battery icon is in charging but after few minutes it become normal, both led (blue) and battery icon…of course without disconnect any cable…

Hi @LLG it is the original USB-C cable

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P I made a video about this issue but I can’t upload it here because I am “a new user”…I can’t use the PPM more than 20 minute…let me know what I can do for fix this problem or ask for a replacement unit…

I am “trusted user” now :wink:
1 Like

Looks like defective charger OR defective charging circuit. The first is easy to solve, the second needs return / repair.

So we should really be sure that the power adapter is not the problem. Do you by any chance have another USB-C PD charger?

Also, please follow clearly the diagnosis here and post step by step results:
Troubleshooting: Projector won’t power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting

With this I can confirm a hardware fault, and approve a return/replacement. Thanks.

The easiest way to verify the charger is with a multimeter and a usb c cable like the picture (you can buy or do it by yourself ) but of course pay attention!
DELOCK_63947-01

@Mario @Philips_Support_P Just tried with another USB-C cable and another charger, nothing, same problem. I think is a defective charging circuit…

Ok, seems to be a defective unit. Please email support@screeneo.com for a replacement, and don’t forget to put this thread’s link in it so they approve it faster.

I will do, thank you. I hope to have a new PPM soon :frowning:

Hi @Philips_Support_P I am quite worried…I sent the form for ask a replacement unit but still no answer from Philips…How long will be the wait?

Please check updates here: For those waiting for replacement units

At the moment we’re still waiting for our logistics company to resume operations.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P Whenever I switch on the projector, %charge is around 95-97%, eventhough it has been charged overnight and then it starts charging it it to 100%(after being switched on). Is it normal behaviour?

It’s normal, but try to calibrate your battery once. (discharge fully, leave overnight, recharge fully, keep plugged for 3 hrs after LED turns blue).

The battery percentage display has some tolerance, but since a lot of users asked for it, we’ve added it along with the 3-bar display. The max charge capacity depends on the battery’s age & condition (which again has a little tolerance out of the factory), the temperature and your usage pattern (using Presentation mode too often draws much more power and can prematurely age your battery).

I haven’t been using presentation mode so far. However I wil try with calibration. Also, LED is already blue and when i turn it on the battery % is 97 and then it starts to charge again.

That’s normal. What is “100%” is difficult to quantify with LiPo batteries. When you turn it on, the projector measures it at 97%, then a moment later detects the charger is plugged in and shows you “charging”.

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_P

I tried this, but the results are still same (It starts around 96-97%) when switched on.

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_T

Battery was going to 98% so I did a bettery full discharge and then recharge for a few hours extra.
It worked for a while but this happened last night on normal mode.
Time variation kept happening

@IvoGrijt @PhilipsNono @Philips_Support_T @PhilipsNono
on normal mode.
in the morning this is what happened.
I had hardly used it.

did a reset and after charge showing zero and going up to around 66%(may have happened earlier)the Charging light turned blue while should have been red
Its charging right now with blue light and I havent done an update as yet.

LIGHT BLUE WHILE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RED

POST SUPPOSED RESET TWICE
@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_3 @Philips_Support_T @PhilipsNono hi guys …went to software upgrade section…reset twice but on desk loaded apps didnt change. wifi did need to be enabled again and so did bluetooth and airmote.
SOFTWARE REMAINED 1.102 POST RESET.AM I RESETTING CORRECTLY?
AM GOING TO SOFTWARE UPDATE PAGE AND SELECTING FACTORT RESET. BUT SHDNT IT REVERT BACK TO OLDER VERSION?
charged pico again and when it reached 100% as per screen checked and after a few minutes battery time changed a few times and started going down.
did I do the correct reset ?
what is happening here?
pls help

depleting fast

/////This is now ///pls help//make it work //dont want to go into the return option//

hi please read my post and work out a solution.Waiting whenver you can tell me

Are 111% sure it’s not on Presentation mode? Please set it to Eco mode and try the same rundown test.