Charging - Led blinking blue and red when plugged

If someone has an older firmware zip that is known to work, I could try to downgrade and see if it fixes the problem.

PM me

Some more information for the engineering team on the behavior - I installed a battery monitor app and left the PPM connected to the charger and turned off for some time. It looks like at around 91-92% the device actually starts to lose charge instead of charging (even while powered off!)

I have a problem charging when the device is in use. I am using the charger that was provided with the unit. It charges fine when the unit is powered off but when it is in use it doesn’t charge. If I unplug ot and plug it back in the LED charging light turns red for a minute or so then it turns to blue and stops charging. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what do I do to fix it?

Update to this problem : The Projector starts blinking even at 45% charge, previously it use to be around 70% anyone else noticing this?

That behaviour would indicate that the battery actually is fully charged already at that point, when the LED changes from red to blue (but not flashing back and forth!) with the AC adapter connected the projector will be powered directly from the AC adapter, bypassing the battery.

Is the battery percentage reported close to 100% when the LED turns blue? If it’s not I believe the percentage is wrong and the reporting may become more accurate if you discharge fully as described in Charging/battery issue - #19 by Philips_Support_P

Thanks for the reply but I think there is a misunderstanding. The unit does not charge when in use. I can only charge it when the power is off. When in use, even though it is plugged in the battery drains

Oh that’s very strange, so battery drains while the LED is blue and charger is attached? Is this happening in all three brightness modes? It sounds like a potential hardware issue with the charging circuitry to me (despite the fact that it will charge when powered off)

Or the charger is able to provide enough current for charging but not charging and powering both at the same time. Not necessarily an issue with the projector itself.

1 Like

True, if the VBUS voltage drops significantly the PPM may very well stop charging as well, good catch!!

1 Like
Hi,
Just got the projector today and i have the same issue.
Im using the original charger, and its blinking red and blue.
Here’s a video:

This is somthing i need to worry about ?

1 Like

Check if the adapter plug is seated correctly into the charger and try again.

Yes it is.
I also tried to use my laptop’s charger and still blinking.
Is it something faulty with my unit ?
Because i dont see any problem, it charges fine when the ppm is turned off or on.

What are the specs of your laptop charger?

Also what do you see in the upper right of the home screen when this is blinking, so you see it charging or not?

Specs :

And yes, i see it charging in the icon on the right

1 Like

Let’s see what @Philips_Support_P makes of this…

Now i have noticed that it was 92%, i watched youtube and its on 88%. (It is plugged in) please don’t tell me that i need a replacement… god damn :weary:

P.s:
Somthing about the focus (manual and auto both) seems to be a bit glitchy.
When im using the manual focus, some ares are sharp and some less, cant find the balance. Would appreciate an answer from the experts.

Please post about the focus in this thread, to avoid cross contamination of threads: Auto focus inconsistent

Update :
I discharged the PPM to 0% and left if to charge over the night.
Just woke up now and its on 78% with red and blue light blinking.
Seems that it cant go beyond 85-88%. When it reach 85 it start to lose battery even when its plugged in.
So i assume that I’ve got a faulty one ?

It seems that you have the exact same issue as me and several others. I’m also waiting on a statement from engineering to say if this is a software problem that will be fixed (because a lot of users report only seeing it after updating to the latest firmware) or it is a defective unit and we have to send it back.