Compare Picopix Max with other 1080p portable projectors

I have the C200 also and plan to replace with the PPM, would love your thoughts on the comparison.

I do love the C200 portability, but the battery life is barely an hour, and the UI is terrible, slow, glitchy.

C200 is definitely a lot portable. You can literally put it in your pocket.
Obviously, PPM is a lot better than C200 in terms of brightness and resolution.
Seriously, when I boot up again my C200 after using my PPM for days, my eyes hurt because it was too dim! I don’t know how I used for almost 3 years :smiley:
I’m not sure about your battery but my C200 lasts around 3 when it was new, now I think around 2-2.5 hrs.

In terms of UI though, it’s not too far at the moment unfortunately.
PPM’s overall performance seems to be on par with C200.
Default launcher of PPM is a lot better than c200 though. It’s basic but it works and looks good.

Last thing, you’ll miss the laser of C200. You need to deal with focus on PPM :sweat_smile:

Xgimi uses “XTV manager” for Netflix (MoGo Series & Halo). They show this in their video manuals. I don’t know what resolution is used.
How to use Netflix on XGIMI YouTube
How to use XTV manager YouTube

Is “XTV manager” posible for PPM too?

What exactly does XTV Manager do?

According to the app description:

XTV manager is a tool which help to use another app on your Android TV with better user experiences.

I’m not familiar with details.

Yeah I installed it I don’t think it’s doing anything :sweat_smile:
Looks like it’s only useful on Android TV.

Yeah I do love the laser, but the ‘laser speckle’ did annoy me (rainbow speckles)

Did you ever install an alternative launcher on the C200? I used ATV Launcher and it made the C200 much easier to use.

Yeah, that’s true. The rainbow effect is noticeable on it. That’s not an issue in PPM anymore. You’ll just see screendoor effect more than C200 :sweat_smile:

I used TVLauncher which works well but I just learned that it’s not maintained anymore and custom icons doesn’t work anymore. I just installed ATV launcher on my PPM :smiley: Let’s see if it’s good.