Control PPMax with a dedicated App

Please look at the nvidia shield remote control app for inspiration.

It is by far the best companion app controller out there.

1 Like

I agree. I really appreciate that you can select input type and jump directly between apps.

I’ve used a few companion apps on a number of different hardware and nothing comes close to the intuitive and functionality of the Shield app. Hands down it even beats the Apple TV remote app.

I think the bare minimum requirements for a companion app are:

1. Keyboard, with Copy/Paste function (passwords)
  2. Touchpad mouse
  3. App launcher
  4. Volume control
  5. ‘Home’ remote interface with DPad, volume, Ok, back and home buttons.
2 Likes

Hello,

after 12 hours of use, it seems an obligation to have the possibility to control the ppm with a remote app. the infrared it only in the back of the ppm but if you want a big image , the ppm it’s behind you…the remote doesn’t work in this case…

thanks for your developing

1 Like

If you paired the remote with the PPM in Bluetooth, only the power on/off command need IR.
All other commands will be sent by Bluetooth so no need to point at the PPM anymore.

As @Morganjp said, you can find the informations here :

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your response, it’s fun :slight_smile:

I found this app that works great as a touchscreen:

Really easy to connect.

3 Likes

I´m backer #109* and i haven’t yet get mine PPM :disappointed_relieved: I use now my Nebula Capsule I and same problem with IR it’s only in the back. So i use everytime remote app, it’s work like charm and input also mouse working nice. My vote for the program.

Hello,
in fact, i do a mistake because you have the capability to connect the remote in bluetooth :slight_smile: , it’s extra

So does the remote control work with bt? …or only AirMouse?

After all, it would be good if all the buttons on the remote control, including the power, operate via BT.

Can you test this function - cover the IR receiver.

Power = Only IR (Cause when the device is off, no Bluetooth driver is loaded/active of course)

Interesting find. I had been looking for an app like this for some time now but never ran across a working one. Did you actually get this writing with a PPM, or any other devices for that matter?

So far, I can pair my phone as “input device” with the left-right half arrows device type icon ( like the AirMote has). However, I cannot go beyond pairing and actually connect. Tried it in normal and in Los energy mode on the phone, same results.

I sent a message to the app developer, might be a problem with Android 10 on my phone.

I’ll also test this with some other raspbian and Ubuntu devices I have that will give me more troubleshooting info to work with.

Hello,

i tested it and PPM can be power with the remote without point the remote on the IR.

Maybe just due to the infrared reflection of an wall etc? Or did you 100% covered the IR-sender?

@Philips_Support_P Hope you can update the iOS app for picopix max. It says the latest update was 4 years ago. Perfect time to update it now. Thanks!

SchmuFoo, i do a mistake and you’re right ! I confuse speed and precipitation :wink:

1 Like

It’s by the previous company which had the projector license, not by us.

We’ll make an app too, but only after 2-3 months when the internal software is completed.

6 Likes

Are you guys at Philips planning to add a working remote app like the “Nebula” one?
i found one on app store but seems like it is not being updated since ever! immagine

2 Likes

This was suggested a few times before, this is what the development team had to say about it:

1 Like