Control PPMax with a dedicated App

Interesting find. I had been looking for an app like this for some time now but never ran across a working one. Did you actually get this writing with a PPM, or any other devices for that matter?

So far, I can pair my phone as “input device” with the left-right half arrows device type icon ( like the AirMote has). However, I cannot go beyond pairing and actually connect. Tried it in normal and in Los energy mode on the phone, same results.

I sent a message to the app developer, might be a problem with Android 10 on my phone.

I’ll also test this with some other raspbian and Ubuntu devices I have that will give me more troubleshooting info to work with.

Hello,

i tested it and PPM can be power with the remote without point the remote on the IR.

Maybe just due to the infrared reflection of an wall etc? Or did you 100% covered the IR-sender?

@Philips_Support_P Hope you can update the iOS app for picopix max. It says the latest update was 4 years ago. Perfect time to update it now. Thanks!

SchmuFoo, i do a mistake and you’re right ! I confuse speed and precipitation :wink:

1 Like

It’s by the previous company which had the projector license, not by us.

We’ll make an app too, but only after 2-3 months when the internal software is completed.

6 Likes

Are you guys at Philips planning to add a working remote app like the “Nebula” one?
i found one on app store but seems like it is not being updated since ever! immagine

2 Likes

This was suggested a few times before, this is what the development team had to say about it:

1 Like

Thanks! Anything working at the moment? Appreciate your help

1 Like

Not that I know, like they said they want to complete the internal software first before starting on external apps.

1 Like

Hi @Tommaso_Dall_Osso

I’ve moved your topic in the main one.
You can vote here to add your voice (if not yet done) :wink: .

1 Like

Ever since my laptop keyboard went dead, I used the Unified Remote app on my phone, to type and control my laptop. Despite the strangeness to use my phone to input/control my laptop, daily input/control tasks are just as easy.

The interface in the phone is very easy to get used to.
The keyboard is the default keyboard the phone uses, so typing is pretty easy.

There are also other remote interface for Media player, Screen mirroring, touchpad, numberpad. Which I find really user-friendly for most tasks

It is not easy too use the touchpad on the PPM letter by letter, if we can go so like how we swipe around on the phone, it will be awesome.

If PPM has similar functions as Unified Remote, allowing us to use our mobile phone as keyboard/touchpad etc as input, it will provide much convenience.

I’m not technically inclined, in Windows, a Unified Remote software also needs to be installed and paired for the very first time use. Not use if it is possible doing the same in Android.

2 Likes

Has anyone attempted to use software to remote control the projector to make it easier to navigate certain aspects of things?

What software did you use? How has your experience been?

2 Likes

I’ve got the previous picopix and android app - so so different…

There were a few quirks, but the navigation and overall usability were awesome…

“Philips” should have taken a good look at Sagems version - improve on that rather than just start from scratch (Ideas wise).

The android app was great - worked over WiFi.

1 Like

@PhilipsPrashant If it possible to lunch mobile app to connect with PPM with following feature (work as remote)

1. moving cursor
  2. keyboard input
  3. other function like volume, etc…
  4. replacement if airmote is lost or not function
  5. customize buttons (shortcut) like auto focus, keystone etc

Could you make vote for it

I was wishing for something like this yesterday as well while I was setting up the projector. Would love to have something like this, though I’m sure developing such an app would not be a small undertaking.

Hi @Dedohamdy @smartygus you can use any Bluetooth remote / mouse / keyboard with the PicoPix Max. As far as I know Android 9 and above let you use your phone as a Bluetooth keyboard or mouse. This should work fine the PicoPix Max too.

3 Likes

@Dedohamdy & @smartygus

If you read this whole thread, you’ll see that :

• it exists already a Philips’ app (findable on iOS App Store, for exemple), but it doesn’t work with PPM (it is for older Philips videoprojectors, when it wasn’t Screeneo which built these equipments for Philips) ;
  • it’s in the Philips/Screeneo’s roadmap to build such an app in some months (see here : Control PPMax with a dedicated App ) ;
  • During this time, you can use as @Philips_Support_P just said physical equipments as keyboards, mouses, trackballs, trackpads, combo, etc… in bluetooth or with a dongle plugged in the USB-A slot.

Perhaps someone who already has their PPM and has an Android device could check this out?

Any same app for andriod ?