Defective auto-focus

Ok, thanks. How long in average it is taking lately from collection to delivery of replacement?

To be honest, in my opinion this is not a defective autofocus, but rather a calibration issue. Have you tried focusing it at other distances, while projecting onto different surfaces? How about a sheet of white paper?

The instances of non-working focus that I’ve seen so far have been a totally blurred image that never gets better or without any focusing action whatsoever. I see that yours however does focus but just blows by the proper focus point to settle on an unfocused image, which you are able to correct manually thereafter.

Of course it’s still annoying and not good, but perhaps there are other solutions or troubleshooting steps we can attempt first? What do you think @Philips_Support_P?

Hi @IvoGrijt, thank you for your reply. I suspect it can be a calibration issue, but not sure how to re-calibrate. I did try to point to different surfaces, in different distances and in different lights (pitch dark room, brighter room). All had the same result. Not once the auto-focus worked as it should. I’m open to suggestions, I rather get it fixed than to wait all over again…

But as instructed by PhilipsNono I have already filled the replacement form, so if we are able to do something, I’m happy to cancel it.

Hi @IvoGrijt , I have tried all possible surfaces and environments, no luck
I’m also hoping it could be fixed by the next SW update

And in all these cases, you were able to get it in focus manually?

Yes, always able if I press right several times.

1 Like

To be honest if it were me after such a long wait, I would wait at least a few days to find another solution perhaps.
On the other hand, we are working on a new list for replacements for units that were lost, stolen, defective, etc. which will go to the forwarder this week. However we can’t put you on it till we get your’s back in Hong Kong / China, so it will have to be another shipment after that anyways…

@andre03 btw, it’s planned to improve the autofocus algorithm in the next firmware version as it’s listed here: Current Bug / Planned Features list
Perhaps we should wait a little longer

Hi @IvoGrijt, I do understand your suggestion, and I agree with it. But I needed to make this issue officially registered in a support ticket, since I can’t rely in someone maybe or maybe not fixing something that is not affecting other users, apart from kloned and myself. If they do suggest officially that they are looking into a software fix to this specific problem, and if they agree that if not possible they will replace my unit, I’m happy to wait. But their official reply to the support ticket was to fill the replacement form and get the unit collected. If that is the official position I’m afraid I have to do as I’m told to not loose my statutory rights.

2 Likes

@IvoGrijt Tell me whenever I put on the pico its not in focus. I have to click on the focus button once .Isnt it supposed to do it on its own once i position it? ?
Any tips?

Unless you turned that feature off? :man_shrugging:t4:

The same with my replacement device. Only starts automatically to adjust focus when being tilted to the ceiling, not when being repositioned.

Auto Focus per remote works and ends in 95% with good results.

1 Like

dont think i did…let me check

No I hadnt turned it off.But a few times i need to press the focus button …Hope thats normal.

Hello @IvoGrijt,

I was finally able to send in my projector yesterday for a replacement and it was quick to my surprise. Thanks again for your help all this time. I just have one last question. Do you know how long it will take to receive a new pico pix max? Thanks again for your help.

I don’t really know, it depends on so many variables. Perhaps @Philips_Support_T can give you a better guesstimate.

Hello @Philips_Support_T ,

Do you know how long it takes to receive a new pico pix max after Philips receives the defective projector?

Hi @IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_T

I don’t know if you have this kind of information but it’s been 1 month since my defective projector was received and I still have no news. I tried to contact them by email and I have no answer.

What’s your ticket number? I don’t handle aftersales support or RMA’s but I could also my colleague to check your ticket for you.

Hi @IvoGrijt,

Thank you for your prompt response. I have two ticket numbers the first one which is 24816 which I got when I received my email and the second one 25081 which I got when I received my defective projector.

1 Like