Defective auto-focus

No, I didn’t get a number or an answer. I didn’t even get a confirmation of receipt of my email or anything else unfortunately.

Hi @Gianny13 sorry for the inconvenience, could you please forward this email to support@screeneo.com? You’ll get a response within a day.

Hello @Philips_Support_P , I have already forwarded my mail as requested by @IvoGrijt on March 9, 2020 and have not received a reply.

1 Like

Yep auto focus doesn’t work. Projector will focus if manually adjusted but that’s not really the point, thought it was supposed to auto focus. This seems like a digital calibration issue. Can this be fixed or is mine also junk that needs replacing?

Hi @Richardstokes88 “auto focus” means that if you move the projector it will automatically refocus for the new position. If you want to refocus without moving, you can press the autofocus button on the remote.

Yep it doesn’t do that.

Not even in a dark room? Can you please make a short video clip to help us understand it better.

1 Like

I would if the upload feature would work. It says there is a 100mb limit but won’t accept my 35mb video.

Please upload it to WeTransfer and post the link here

1 Like

Hello,

It’s been 6 months that I’m waiting for an answer and still nothing from the technical service I followed your advice and sent the email several times and still nothing. I would really like my request to be taken into consideration because now I have a blurred screen that can’t be adjusted with auto focus! Would it be possible to change my pico pix max by a new one that works properly. Thanks

What is the ticket number you got back when you mailed? I can ask a colleague to look into it for you.

This is the problem despite my multiple emails I never received a ticket number.

Are you mailing to support@screeneo.com?

You’re the 2nd person to tell me this today…

Yes, I sent an email on March 9th exactly.

Hello @IvoGrijt ,

I sent an email today to support@screeneo.com and finally received confirmation of receipt my request number is 24238. I hope to receive a reply soon.

@Philips_Support_T will pick the ticket up I’m sure.

Hi,
I just received my PicoPix Max today. Oddly I can not get it to focus if it’s more than about 50cm away from the screen. Manually adjusting via remote won’t work either - using the left button it already seems maxed out, right only makes it more blurry.
Any suggestions? Seems like a hardware problem to me.

Hi Philips team, @IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_N, and others.

I received my PicoPix Max yesterday. It is a great piece of machine, but unfortunately the auto-focus on mine doesn’t seem to work.

I followed the user guides in the community website to set it up and get it going.

The well does seem to turn, the focus does change, it makes some funny noises but always end up with a blurry image. I can manually focus if I press the right button (it always needs to go right several times).

I have already performed suggested actions in the community, like point it to the floor and auto-focus 15 times, than ceiling and 15 times, factory reset, software update, checked the lens and camera for dirt (they are both fine).

Is there anything else that can be done to get it working?

In a working machine is the sound of the auto-focus really audible? Because mine is doing a very noticeable noise, and I’m not sure this is right.

I have opened already a support ticket, but would be great if anyone else had the same issue and have the solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Andre.

Yes, the sound is definitely audible (similar to what you’d generally hear from motor-driven lenses focusing, e.g. also in cameras, maybe a bit louder than that).
Unfortunately, I cannot help with your actual problem, since autofocus is generally working fine for me (so the noise probably isn’t indicative of the problem).

2 Likes

@franzli , Thank you for your reply!

This is the video with the auto-focus issue… The sound seems a little bit different from the one from cameras, but maybe its just how it is…