Device won't charge

Possibly, I’m not officially in the technical support team myself. But with so many devices getting USB-C chargers these days, you could find one at a shop near you, even if just to test at their shop. That would definitely be much easier and quicker for you than flying a new charger out to you from China.

What you could also do is this: charge the PPX till it stops charging, without having it on. Unplug the charger from the wall socket. Put the PPX on then, make a note of the charge level, then power it off again. Let the charger cool of. After 30 minutes of cooling off start charging again with the PPX off, until the charging stops. Unplug charger, power on PPX, check battery level, and turn off again.
If the PPX managed to get charged up further and after a few times of doing this managed to reach anywhere near 100% charge, I’d be very inclined to point the finger at the charger.

Sweet, I’ll do that.

Cheers mate

1 Like

Try any Apple oriented shop you can find, or even an Apple store if there’s on open near you.

I have worked the issued charger as suggested and reached 100% but this does require disconnection and waiting for it to cool off. It still will cut out after as I’m using the charger after a while. I’m in the NE of England (its 14 degrees here) @Philips_Support_P what is the next step as the charger clearly is overheating in a cool room?

1 Like

What you’ve established is that the projector is capable of reaching 100% charge, so there’s no fault in the charging circuitry or battery in the projector.

Can you do me a favor: if you have a travel adapter plug of some kind, try putting the EU plug adapter on the charger (or no adapter, using the US plug straight out of the charger), and then plugging that into the travel adapter and power socket.

I had a crazy notion a few nights ago that the issues with the chargers might be from the adapter plug for the UK. I have yet to gather all incidents to figure out if there’s a correlation or not, but if you can test it, please do.

1 Like

I was happily using and charging the PPM to 100% until it does not charge today when I plugged in the adapter. There was no light indicator and the projector’s battery logo is still showing and going down even when I am charging it. I try to switch it off and charge but also no red light indicator to show that it’s not fully charged.

Then I decided to plug the USB c cable into the video port and there was a yellow light for a short while and I unplug and plug in the same USB c cable into the power port and the red light indicator turned on again and PPM starts to be able to be charged again.

This is very strange and seem to indicate an issue with the charging system of PPM.

I can confirm that in my case of red/blue flashing after certain %, the issue is not with UK plug adapter (I use the EU plug) and also not the charger itself, because the same happens with a different cable and a power bank (Power Bank VoltHub Enterprise 20.000mAh - 4smarts - Gadgets & More 4smart People)

1 Like

I have manged to test the UK adaptor, the result was the same with the EU adaptor fit and the straight US fit. Charger continues to overheat. Had to replace my multi adaptor as it seemed to kill it.

1 Like

Is yours stuck on a certain %? The issue I am having seems time related- can charge to 100% over a couple of sessions if the PPM is off.

It doesn’t reach 100% even if turned off and left connected overnight for charging. I’ve posted a screenshot from the “battery monitor” app from aptoide that it looks like it reaches around 91-92% and then starts dropping so at the end I’m left with something between 75% and 90% charged. But those charge/discharge patterns will destroy the battery life if not fixed. I want to be able to run it 100% on power (battery bypass) for long sessions and only use the battery when I’m outside or move the projector somewhere without easy access to power.

1 Like

With included charging adapter and cable plugged in with the pico max off, no lights come on and pico max does not charge. I tried plugging the charging adapter and cable into another usbc device but it will not charge. Please advise. Unit has little power and am unable to use. Thank you!

Is there a support phone number?

Please send an email to support@screeneo.com with the subject line

PPX620 defective charger

And include as much detail as you can about the issue.

Will do. Thankyou!

1 Like

I’ve done all the steps and nothing works! It’s died after only a month of working :pensive: . Have sent an email to the email I’d in this chain.

Received my PPM yesterday (after a 5 month delay due to “return to sender”…). Turned it on, worked well, then it needed charging. So plugged it in, nothing happened. Tried other cables, chargers, outlets, still nothing. Now the battery is dead and it immediately shuts off after turning it on. Do I reach out to support for a new one? Any idea on the timeline for that? Because this realllllyy sting after such a long wait…

Thanks!

What are the specs of the other charger(s) you tried out?
Are you sure the charger is functioning? Is it warm to the touch?

I have tried the supplied charger, my Macbook Air charger, my Sony headphone charger, and I have tried any combination of cables between those.

The supplied charger does nothing, doesn’t heat up etc. Also not on other devices. The PPM doesnt do anything with any of the chargers.

Kind regards,

You gave me names, I need specifications to tell you what the next steps should be. Specifically I need to know whether any of the USB-C chargers you tried can supply 15V3A at least, with 15V4A being preferable.
Anything less than 15V3A will not power or charge the PPX, so it could still be just the charger that’s the issue.
Check this thread for the requirements and possible alternatives: PPM Power requirement

I checked. One of the chargers is 15V2A, the other is 20.2V4.3A / 9V3A.