Digital zoom not working with HDMI/USB-C source

I correctly understood that when connecting via hdmi, the projector should be located exactly in the center of the screen, and it cannot be shifted either to the right or to the left because there will be no image correction?
Also, when connecting via hdmi, I can not reduce the image if I put the projector far from the screen?

That’s correct, only vertical keystone correction is supported (so you can tilt the projector up or down to shift the image slightly up and down on the screen/wall)

@wernerj is the vertical keystone correction a digital transformation that makes the image lose projected resolution?

Yes and yes. Only focus control is optical, all other corrections are digital.

So far I have been unable to return and refund the projector. I guess I will give it another try before maybe having to sell it. A lot of people probably only need it for the apps you can install on it directly. Or maybe there are people who might actually have a setup where they can actually use its HDMI source feature.

Since digital zoom is not working, how many apps does work with it, and has anyone gotten streaming to it to work?

These apps are on mine:

And streaming works for me from Windows 10, iPhones, & iPads (I don’t have Android tablets or phones)

2 Likes