Discussion: Software Update v1.0.25

I have tried several times to update my PicoPix Max with no success. It is frustrating. I tried online and offline too and it takes over 8 hours “checking the package! The Device is” message and it doesn’t go further. I have followed all the steps to updating it and it does not work. I’m very experience with computer and technology ( I’m a technician) and since I’m not getting any result I had factory reset the PicoPix Max several time and try all over again. Can anyone from Phillips or in the community help me out please? Thank you in advance!!!

Best, Jason

Hi, oh crappy, I would be frustrated too. I don’t have mine turned on right now, but in the same menu, if you go to the bottom left corner there is a picture of a broom. It’s a system cleaner. I do this with each update and it seems to adjust a few things. Maybe try that? Since I don’t know of a physical resetting that can be done, this is all I can think of to try. Hope it helps!

Thank you for helping out but I tried that last night and it did not work :frowning: I just wondering if that’s a hardware issue.

Thanks !! I did a factory reset !! It work fine now !!

You would think that would be more of a software glitch, wouldn’t you? And I don’t see a reset button to push with a pin either. I hope Philips replies to this. :slight_smile:

Please try this: How to do offline software update?

Have been playing around with PPM on 1.0.25 firmware, specifically comparing the native Netflix to a Roku streaming stick in the hdmi port. Both pictures seem as sharp which is good, but I notice a stutter during native playback (most noticeable when the camera in the movie is panning left or right), in contrast the roku and firestick appears smoother during playback. Has anyone else noticed this? I should add that it’s a slight stutter but it is definitely noticeable when comparing the two.

On another note @Philips_Support_N , it might be good idea to have a quicker way to switch input sources (maybe an icon on the home screen)? I think that that operation will be used a lot so would be good or make it quick to do.

Other than the stutter when using the internal OS I’m pretty happy with PPM.

1 Like

I strictly followed these steps and it does not work.

What is the exact problem? At which step does it not work as expected?

Do you know the framerate of the content? This may be a pull-down issue if it’s 24p movie contents. If you try this with 60p content there really is no room for interpretation during playback, every frame should play back smoothly both from internal and HDMI sources.

I tried online and offline updating and it takes over 8 hours “checking the package! The Device is” message and it doesn’t go further.

Please do a factory reset (Settings -> Software update -> Factory Reset), and then the offline update. Does this work?

I did it few times before and it did not work. Thank you anyway!

@wernerj is there a way to tell the current frame rate in Netflix?

I do not think there’s a way to see the frame rate in Netflix. You can search for “test patterns” and these are available with all the possible frame rates. You won’t find any panning in them, but you should be able to see if they’re doing 2:3 pull-down from the moving pattern.

1 Like

Beside I can’t update, the Picopix max is creating folders in the usb flash drive. Is this normal? I have attached a photo.

Finally got round to this today

Ran the 60fps Netflix test pattern today

Again noticeably smoother on the roku streaming stick+.

In the top right corner it shows frame rate, it’s has the info:
6960 kbps, 1920x1080, PAR 1:1, 10 bpc, 60.000 fps

On the Internal OS for same pattern it shows
5900 kbps, 1920x1080, PAR 1:1, 8 bpc, 30.000 fps

Am no video expert but maybe someone (@Philips_Support_N? ) can help me understand why there’s this discrepancy?

Jason, please do not unzip the update file. You need to copy the update.zip file itself to the usb drive. Please delete all those folders and copy the file without unzipping. The offline update should work then.

I did not unzip the file. I renamed the file downloaded and copied to the flash drive. When removing the flash drive from the projector and plunged into the computer you can see more files and obviously the projector is creating it. If you look at the picture the is a file name "android " when you open it it has files inside that folder name “amazon.com” I have no idea how this is happening. im very expensive with computers. im not a novice.

Every Android device would make those folders so that is normal. As for the file - what if you keep the original name?