Discussion: Software Update v1.0.25

Go to Settings >> About and click Software version multiple times until a menu at the right side appears.
Try to look there if there’s such settings. I’m not sure :sweat_smile:

Just go to Projector Settings > Image > Keystone Correction, and turn Automatic Keystone off and back on. It’ll fix it.

Hi,
It is the 1rst thing i’ve done of course…
Still the same problem

Thanks!!

Hello Everyone

I unexpectedly received my PPM today!

Firstly, I checked the software version number, which was v1.0.21, so I immediately tried the upgrade to v1.0.25 … Again, and again – maybe 8-10 times. I elected to try the local upgrade (following the instructions very carefully) … Again, and again – maybe 6-8 times.

In combination with the above, multiple times I’ve shut the PPM off, reset it to Factory Settings and done several System Cleans.

Sadly, I am stuck. It would be great to know if anyone else has experience the same issues and if they have a resolution.

Many thanks in advance!
Andrew

Hey Andrew,

Welcome to the community!

Can you please try to do an offline update as described in this topic How to do offline software update?

I think sometimes the server is overloaded. Please try now and if you are still experincing problems let us know and we’ll assist you.

Best of luck,

1 Like

Hello Velislav!

Thank you for responding … I have already followed these instructions without success, sadly. I can try them again, but I’m not particularly hopeful that the outcome might be different.

Thanks again …
Andrew

You can try to send a direct message to @Philips_Support_P or contact support@screeneo.com.

Hope you get this sorted out soon.

Please make sure the Thumb drive you are using is formatted based on the instruction and only the upgrade file is inside the drive. No other files inside.

… Thank you. Yes, the USB drive has been formatted as MS-DOS (Fat) via Disk Utility on a Mac. The PPM read the drive perfectly, and identified the file on the device as the correct upgrade.

Best wishes!
Andrew

I read on this forum that downloading the firmware file on a Mac will auto unzip the package. For PPMax to update offline, the ZIP file must not be unzipped. It must be a single ZIP in the USB drive.

Edit: Found that post here.

Hello William

Yes, you’re absolutely right – I went into Safari’s preferences and switched off the automatic decompression, so the file downloaded as an intact .zip. I also followed the instructions to rename the file, as per Philip’s guidance.

Sorry to keep saying ‘Yes, I did that!’ :slight_smile:
Andrew

• What is the battery level when you try to upgrade?

• What is the exact issue or error message?

Hello Prashant

The battery level was low, so after this first few failures I then plugged the PPM in and tried again – sadly without luck. The PPM is now fully-charged so I will try again.

There is no error message, blank screen or crash. It just returns to the screen before I clicked the ‘Local’ button or the option to try downloading the update across the Internet.

I hope that this helps
Andrew

Hello again, everyone

If anybody else is struggling to update to 1.0.25, my problem was solved by ensuring the PPM was fully-charged. Thank you to everyone who provided their assistance!

I hope this solution help others …

3 Likes

Yeah, my PPM told me it needed to be at least 30% charged before it could update.

1 Like

I have the problem that the software update package doesnt install. If I do an online or offline update it starts to install, gives a warning the system will reboot, but doesn’t reboot nor installs the update. What to do?

… The solution is to ensure that your PPM is fully-charged. I hope this helps!

Good luck
Andrew

Hi,
The text is very small and blur.
So impossible to read when i launch an app like firefox, the video player, ds file, or others…
Each time there is text i can’t read it.
Is there a way to change the size of the text (police…)

thanks

It will be changed in the next software update.

1 Like