Discussion: Software Update v1.0.25

Someone show this to @Philips_Support_P!

1 Like

Iā€™ll try this. Thank you.

EDIT: It at least does it less often after. The bonus is that the corners have realigned after it going a little wonky in 1.0.24

So there is a big problem with color reproduction between burgundy and purple hues.

File rendered by phone:

Same file rendered by VLC on PPMax:

See the ā€œlens flareā€ just above the actorā€™s eyebrows? In the phone render the lens flare is present, definitely darkens and slightly blues the area. The photo may not show it well, but the PPMax depicts this as deep purpleā€¦ Very unrealistic.

1 Like

So what is the start unit number will contain the new software ?

I just tried the MicroSD slot and loaded a couple videos onto the main drive.

This update brought about a better quality picture from the MicroSD slot than I experienced previously. I hadnā€™t tried loading a movie on the drive itself until now, and I have to say, Iā€™m quite happy with what I experienced.

Iā€™m much more excited about where this is headed now.

1 Like

I have tried several times to update my PicoPix Max with no success. It is frustrating. I tried online and offline too and it takes over 8 hours ā€œchecking the package! The Device isā€ message and it doesnā€™t go further. I have followed all the steps to updating it and it does not work. Iā€™m very experience with computer and technology ( Iā€™m a technician) and since Iā€™m not getting any result I had factory reset the PicoPix Max several time and try all over again. Can anyone from Phillips or in the community help me out please? Thank you in advance!!!

Best, Jason

Hi, oh crappy, I would be frustrated too. I donā€™t have mine turned on right now, but in the same menu, if you go to the bottom left corner there is a picture of a broom. Itā€™s a system cleaner. I do this with each update and it seems to adjust a few things. Maybe try that? Since I donā€™t know of a physical resetting that can be done, this is all I can think of to try. Hope it helps!

Thank you for helping out but I tried that last night and it did not work :frowning: I just wondering if thatā€™s a hardware issue.

Thanks !! I did a factory reset !! It work fine now !!

You would think that would be more of a software glitch, wouldnā€™t you? And I donā€™t see a reset button to push with a pin either. I hope Philips replies to this. :slight_smile:

Please try this: How to do offline software update?

Have been playing around with PPM on 1.0.25 firmware, specifically comparing the native Netflix to a Roku streaming stick in the hdmi port. Both pictures seem as sharp which is good, but I notice a stutter during native playback (most noticeable when the camera in the movie is panning left or right), in contrast the roku and firestick appears smoother during playback. Has anyone else noticed this? I should add that itā€™s a slight stutter but it is definitely noticeable when comparing the two.

On another note @Philips_Support_N , it might be good idea to have a quicker way to switch input sources (maybe an icon on the home screen)? I think that that operation will be used a lot so would be good or make it quick to do.

Other than the stutter when using the internal OS Iā€™m pretty happy with PPM.

1 Like

I strictly followed these steps and it does not work.

What is the exact problem? At which step does it not work as expected?

Do you know the framerate of the content? This may be a pull-down issue if itā€™s 24p movie contents. If you try this with 60p content there really is no room for interpretation during playback, every frame should play back smoothly both from internal and HDMI sources.

I tried online and offline updating and it takes over 8 hours ā€œchecking the package! The Device isā€ message and it doesnā€™t go further.

Please do a factory reset (Settings -> Software update -> Factory Reset), and then the offline update. Does this work?

I did it few times before and it did not work. Thank you anyway!

@wernerj is there a way to tell the current frame rate in Netflix?

I do not think thereā€™s a way to see the frame rate in Netflix. You can search for ā€œtest patternsā€ and these are available with all the possible frame rates. You wonā€™t find any panning in them, but you should be able to see if theyā€™re doing 2:3 pull-down from the moving pattern.

1 Like