DLNA functionality

Thanks @Philips_Support_P

I’ve tested and in fact we can toggle the interface to “Android TV” :

• Go to Top left hamburger menu
  • Go to “Preferences”
  • In the “Additional settings” section, go to “Interface”
  • Tick the “Android TV interface”
  • Click on the top left corner arrow twice to exit prefs and that’s it.

In this mode, both “airmote mouse clicking” and “arrows around OK” works.
And the interface shows items as boxes.
I don’t find it better, it’s only a different way to use VLC, closer to what we know in Youtube or Netflix.

Disclaimer :
As my VLC interface is in French, I’ve translated names of menus or settings.
Therefore, they may vary slightly from the real ones in the English interface.
But it would be perfect for @Mfayard if he translates it in French again :smile:
(although it is a little complicated, it is the price to pay to be on the English speaking forums :wink: !).

3 Likes

Je te remercie LLG :wink: trop content de mon PPMax, je vais tester VLC ce soir.

Thanks LLG :wink: so happy of my PPMax, I will try VLC tonight.

1 Like

You’re welcome :+1:t2:.

As far as I’ve tested, I’m also happy with it too.
I discover new use cases almost every day.
Today, I’ve successfully tested the connection with my MacBook Air 2019 13" and I find it very useful as a side screen for videos or Powerpoint projection.
Yesterday, it was the connection with a bluetooth dongle attached to my A/V Pioneer which allows me to avoid wires (HDMI or USB-C) by using internal content projection (VLC, Netflix, Youtube) with big sound and without any lag (I know video quality is less than HDMI, but it’s enough for a quick movie screening).
And so on…
Hours of discovering in front of us !!!

Hi Hobbes, still waiting for my PPM, so no. I have read in other topics that you should install the apk.

The default DLNA app in 1.0.27 does not use the full-width of the projector. (If you use the mouse, you can see this by putting the cursor left or right of the displayed video).

Which app is that, what’s its name?

casting from VLC to PicoPicMax using its default AirReceiver app.

1 Like