Do you need to be connected to WiFi for Airplay? Need answer fast!

Hi, I’ve previously used airplay to mirror my iPhone for a PowerPoint presentation with no problems but right now I’m having problems.

When I go to screen mirroring on my phone the PicoPix just doesn’t show up - is it maybe because the projector isn’t connected to wifi?

Yes.
Please also note you may not be able to AirPlay some of the apps from your Apple device to PPM, since PPM does not support AirPlay 2.0

1 Like

Perhaps using hotspot of the phone? Or do you need a 3. device?

1 Like

Thanks both - it worked using a hotspot of another phone - don’t know if it would have worked from my phone.

If you search this forum you can find how to start The PPM’s built in hotspot. Then you can share directly to it without anything else.

2 Likes

This isn’t something I have needed so far, but I probably will in the future. So just to clarify:

When using the hotspot of your phone, does the phone need to be connected to its data or the internet? Or can we use the hotspot directly, without any outside network?

1 Like

I’m not sure about android but for iPhones you do need to have a network connection with data or else the personal hotspot won’t be active,
But you can use the ppm’s built in hotspot as described by @Adesculpture, it can be turned on in the hidden menu, this doesn’t require data

1 Like

Just last week, both iPhones and the PPM were connected to the same WIFI network. the iPhone X works. IPhone 8 didn’t work.

The PPM can create it’s own hotspot, you can find it in the hidden settings. Then you can connect your iPhone to that hotspot and mirror you iPhone to the PPM.

2 Likes