Dutch users - Working streaming apps

Do you guys use an add-on for Kodi to stream NPO or NPO Start?

I don’t use NPO in Kodi. Also never tried that.

Someone using the NPO and NLZIET App?
NPO crashes once I try to play something.

NLZIET sometimes works after reinstalling, after that it doesn’t work or it opens an other app.

Anyone a suggestion how to watch NPO?

I’m using the pre-installed FireFox: www.npostart.nl. Unfortunately, you’ll have to type in the address every time since FireFox doesn’t support bookmark creation AFAIK.

Bluetooth Keyboard/Trackpoint does wonders here.

Chrome works ok, it stays logged in and you don’t have to type the address over again.

3 Likes

@monsterayt this post

@Rinsch Tested the NLZiet app but it seems to work fine here…
Try to install it like in my post of the Disney+ app.
That worked for me.
Https://apk.support
Search for the NLZiet app.
Set device on TV
Set version to android 8.1
Download either the apk or the zipfile and install it on your PPM.

Ps. If you download the zipfile, use SAI app to install it

2 Likes

Thanks!

NLZiet does work since the latest firmware update, unfortunately still issues with NPO (however NLZiet includes NPO content so no big deal).

1 Like

@Rinsch good to hear!

If you have KPN-based TV ( KPN, Telfort, Budget Alles-in-1, XS4all), you can try de Kodi addon Webbie Player, via Arnold Vink’s repository (instructions here Arnold Vink's Kodi Repository); it works quite well, although since a day or 2 NPO 1,2 and 3 are not working anymore. The rest works fine.

Edit: I contacted Arnold Vink about the NPO ‘problem’ and he fixed it the same day. If you like his addon (and why wouldn’t you like an addon that makes live TV possible on the PicoPix Max :yum: !), don’t forget to donate something on Arnold Vink's Personal Website You can even make Webbie Player open immediately/automatically on opening the Kodi app, so it’s almost like a normal Android app.

2 Likes

Hello,
Today Ziggo has released the Android TV App in the Netherlands.

Maybe this one can be added in the next update?

First of all, there’s already an Android app. Remember we do not run Android TV, just regular Android.

Also, Philips Projection would not include country specific apps in the image, best for everyone to install their own local apps

Service: Ziggo GO TV (720p, Airmote functionality: [arrow-keys] [OK] [back] [menu] )
App Name: Ziggo GO TV
App Version: 4.25.13
Source: Aptoide store
PPM Firmware Version: 1.1.02; 1.1.03
Full HD: Live channels 720p; Movies&Series 1080p
Remote Support: Airmote [arrow keys] [OK] [back] [menu]
Status: Fully Working. At first startup warning that it’s not tested for PPM’s android, just ignore that.
Pro: Quick zapping, live thumbnails with sound when selected
Cons: Can only be used with Ziggo internet connection within your home, Live channels only 720p (Movies&Series in 1080p)

Ziggo Go TV is developed for Android TV, but works with the Picopix Max.
Live channels resolution is 720p. This is limited by Ziggo and not by the Picopix Max.

If you want Full HD (1080i), you should install Ziggo Go 2.3.50
Downside: On the remote, you can’t use the arrow keys, only the Mouse-Pointer.

Service: Ziggo GO (1080i, Airmote functionality: Mouse-Pointer)
App Name: Ziggo GO
App Version: 2.3.50
Source: Aptoide store
PPM Firmware Version: 1.1.02; 1.1.03
Full HD: Yes, 1080i
Remote Support: Airmote Mouse-Pointer
Status: Fully Working. At startup gives warning no google services and no chromecast, just ignore that.
Pro: can be used everywhere with any internet connection within the European Union
Cons: App is Phone/tablet version. Only Mouse-Pointer functionality

You can install them both if you want.

KPN has had a (beta) AndroidTV app for some time now, which currently works fine. You can get the latest version of the apk at APKmirror https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/kpn/kpn-interactieve-tv-voor-android-tv-android-tv/