Ethernet via USB C?

Hi - can the USB C ports be used for Ethernet via an adapter?

1 Like

You can use the USB-A port for this. The USB-C ports are for power and video only.

2 Likes

Hi @PhilipsEngineering, any chance if this was tested where the USB to RJ45 would work when using USB HUB ?

Hi @Palak, I’ve not tested exactly this configuration, but both, a USB hub (+ devices connected to it), and USB-Ethernet adapters, work fine. So should their combination. It’s best if you use a powered hub though.

1 Like

I bought a passthrough powerline ethernet connection. I tried to use it but unfortunately the picopix max has no support. I used ethernet to USB-A port adaptor.

Tp-link AV600

Can please include this in the next update?

The PPM can’t support the TP-Link AV600, but fortunately it also doesn’t have to. The projector doesn’t care how your network is built as long as it has access to a working wifi signal or wired network access through a USB-Ethernet adapter. Have you tested the USB-Ethernet adapter with an ethernet connection that you’re 100% sure is working?

1 Like

Yes it works perfectly on my laptop.

Good, then you at least know that the adapter isn’t broken. Here’s a couple of other things that you can test to be able to pinpoint the problem.

• make sure that the AV600 works by connecting the laptop through it, in the same spot where you plan to use the PPM
  • check whether the PPM supports the USB-ethernet adapter by using it connected directly to the router
1 Like

Hi @WMT, which model of the adapter do you have? Is it compatible with Android?

I used the Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Ethernet Adapter.

1 Like

I could not find any compatibility information except that it works on Windows:

• Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit), Windows 8 (32bit & 64bit), Windows 8.1 (32bit & 64bit), and Windows 10 (64-bit)

So maybe it doesn’t support Android. Can you try a class-compliant dongle with Android support?

Will “VirtualHere USB Server” - (download in Aptoide TV) will make this adaptor compatible with android?

I can confirm that a j5create USB 3 Ethernet adapter works

1 Like

I bought the same one a few months ago for the projector and my girlfriends laptop if it doesnt workout for the projector.

My smartphone is a Galaxy s9 and my phone does support ethernet connection with lenovo thinkpad 3.0 and in combination with otg type c adapter. I dont have to install any apps. And on my personal computer i also don’t need to install any driver.

1 Like

Update: Installing “VirtualHere USB Server” made the lenovo adaptor work for ethernet connection. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thats awesome! I can’t wait for my projector.

Sorry, I have encountered some issue after I restarted the projector.