FAQ: How to pair the AirMote?

Greetings,

I have received my PicoPix. The main projector works beautifully, and I am very satisfied with its performance.

The remote control, however, does not work at all. The LED in the remote gives feedback that it is receving power from the batteries, but the main unit shows no ackowledgement at all that it is aware of the remote. Please advise on how to fix or send me a new remote.

Thanks

Sorry but you didnā€™t mention if you have read or tried anything from this topic, have you? Your profile shows you joined an hour ago and only read 3 minutes.

I moved the post to this thread, hoping the user would read the info in the topic start.

1 Like

for whatever reason while i am holding [OK] + [VOL-] together i can never get the remoteā€™s RED LED to blink more than 3 or 4 times ā€¦ even holding the combo for ~20sec ? any hint as to what else i could try ?

scratch that ā€¦ it is all working just perfect ā€¦ beside my neuro-optical connection whereas my brain read too fastā€¦ upon re-reading i was holding the [DOWN ARROW] (while convinced it was the correct button to hold) instead of the [VOLUME DOWN] button ā€¦ once i gave my head a good ole shake everything got back together and the Airmote is working just fine.

4 Likes

Many others were confused with this as well.

There is a lesson in this for Philips (and those designing user interfaces). There would be a lot less such issues if the required button combinations are more obvious. For example, OK + Home is a clearer choice.

@Philips_Support_P
Hello there, i did what is explained, but impossible to pair the remote control to the PPM, it never appears when i scan for devices.

what should i do
thank you

Could you please try to pair the remote with your phone or laptop ā€” just to make sure it is not defective?

1 Like

There is no ā€œPhilips AirMoteā€ appearing, so impossible to pair it
i see PPX620 which anyway doesnā€™t work either

Hello @ilaa , are you pressing & holding the [OK] and [VOL-] button? (note thatā€™s volume-down, not the down arrow key).

Does the LED on the remote start to flash red after 4-5 seconds of pressing this combination?

1 Like

actually i did try it before it didnā€™t work, and now itā€™s working, so i can pair the remote on my computer but how then can i pair it with the PPM ?
thank you for your help

@Philips_Support_P
So itā€™s still not working
i could find the remote on my phone or laptop but the cannot use the Arrow on the PPM
and actually besides that, the remote works really bad
and strange think it doesnā€™t appears in the Bluetooth
i suppose i should see on the Bluetooth ā€œphilips remote controlā€ but there is nothing

is there a bug ?

Check the MAC address of the remote while connected to the laptop / PC, and using the touchpad or a USB keyboard go down the list and see if you find the same hardware address listed.

Hello @ilaa did this suggestion work?

@IvoGrijt @Philips_Support_P
I did try it, it didnā€™t work, and now all of a sudden the arrow is here, i really do not understand how itā€™s possible.

Thank you !!!

1 Like

Is there any update on when the EasySetup app will be available?

I have the same issue as ilaa. I can pair the AirMote to my iPhone via bluetooth, but thePicoMax does not recognize it. I have turned the PicoMax bluetooth off/on. Removed the AirMote batteries for 30 sec. Inserted new batteries. I received a brand new AirMote last week from Philips, so I am likely working with the latest hardware and OS ver 1.2.7.

Hi, I canā€™t pair the airmote with my Neo Ultra 2 TV. By holding down ok and vol - the remote control led flashes, from my phone I can see the two Bluetooth devices, but they do not connect.

Hello Marta,

We are sorry you are having trouble with your Neopix.
Be careful, you are not posting in the right forum area. This is about the PicoPix Max.
1: can you move this post to the right product?
2: can you also post a picture of your remote pairing procedure so we can check if you are doing it in a proper way?

Thanks!

ok, thanks