[FAQ] Tracking and Shipping

Find the latest News in the menu bar at the top! :point_up_2:

[FAQ] Tracking and Shipping

We’ve created a new List of Frequently Asked Questions that we noticed in several threads. Please read these before posting in case your query has already been addressed.

1. I received a DHL tracking number, but when I followed the email link to track the package, the DHL website returned “Sorry, your tracking attempt was not successful. Please check your tracking number.”

Note: It is taking upto 2 weeks for the tracking number to become active. So please be patient.

Copy only the tracking code (NOT the “DHL-” part) and make sure you are using the right DHL tracking website:

For addresses in EU (CRxxxxxxxxxDE): DHL Europe Tracking link

For addresses elsewhere (xxxxxxxxx): DHL Worldwide Tracking link

2. Have I been missed? Can you please check number xxx as I cannot see it in any of the lists? Could you please verify?

Please note the new batch ( Joy ) list is now available. Please go through the News link on the top right of the screen, for the link to List3. If for some reason, you are still unable to locate your number, please post your details along with your IGG Contribution ID in this thread “Forgotten” Backers and we will review it.

TIP: Use find option within the sheet as the numbers are not sorted.

3. Did you receive any new news yet? My contribution number is on the List X Batch Y, but I still haven’t received a tracking number. Any updates?

We have not received a tracking number as the forwarder is sorting and labeling your unit. We will upload the tracking details as soon as they are shared by the forwarder to us.

4. When tracking my DHL tracking number, I get “The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically” or “Shipment information received”. There has been no movement from long, how long will it take to reach me?

Please read this to see how the shipping process works in our case: explanation by IvoG or explanation by PhilipsSteve, summed up by this flowchart:

Orange boxes: Philips Projection
Blue Boxes: Interim Forwarder
Purple Boxes: Final Shipping company

With the COVID19 challenges, the shipping timelines have been erratic and unpredictable. It is hard to put an estimate on the time it will take to reach you, however here are some real life examples of previous shipments shared by fellow backers:

5. It seems I got an incorrect tracking label as it is showing wrong destination/country or the tracking says that the projector has been delivered but I haven’t received anything. What should I do now?

First of all:

DHL periodically recycles shipment waybill numbers for operational reasons. Occasionally this results in information being in their systems at the same time for two shipments travelling under the same waybill number. DHL is working hard to eliminate these occurrences however, in the meantime, please be assured that while this information may be confusing, your physical shipment will be heading to its correct destination and be receiving the same careful attention as every other shipment in their network.

An example of this is shown below for two of our tracking numbers.
They both show that The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically on Su, 31.05.2020, 17:58
The fact that both have the exact same timestamp is because the forwarder generated / got these tracking numbers at the same time when they needed to print them out to label the boxes. We also know for a fact that the units were still with the forwarders on this date. So unless Marty McFly himself took the DeLorean back to the 13th of May to transfer the packages to DHL, there’s no way these are our packages.

So if your tracking label shows a Successful delivery on any date prior to the “The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically” date, then it’s a reused label, please allow the shipment to reach DHL in Germany first (see the flowchart above) before doing the next steps listed below. As soon as the packages have been handed over to DHL in Germany, you’ll be able to follow your actual package.

If the dates add up or there’s only 1 entry in the tracking history, and you still see the wrong country listed, please go to thread Issues with List3 Backers and post your query with the with your IGG Contribution ID.
If you are unsure of the several numbers you have, to properly understand all these ID’s and numbers, please read this explanation: Demystifing Numbers (Indiegogo, Backerkit etc.)

6. I got a tracking label, and it shows my old address. I don’t live there anymore. I have already sent several mails, but I have not received any response.

Please send a private message to @IvoGrijt mentioning your correct new address and phone number along with your IGG Contribution ID.
If you are unsure of the several numbers you have, to properly understand all these ID’s and numbers, please read this explanation: Demystifing Numbers (Indiegogo, Backerkit etc.)

7. My shipment was returned to the sender. What happens now?

Please go to thread Returned to Sender and post your query with the #Returned2Sender with your IGG Contribution ID.

8. I just received my PPM but it doesn’t turn on or it doesn’t work properly.

Please have a look at the troubleshooting topics in the Knowledge Base section. You can find detailed help and instructions here. Start with the thread Troubleshooting: Projector won’t power on / no picture display / shuts down soon after starting if your projector won’t power on or shows no picture.

9. Are mainland China backers included with rest of the world? What about the rest of South American countries? South America is not just Brazil.

Yes, all countries outside of EU are included in ROW (rest of the world). Only Brazil and Russia are currently handled separately.

10. My question isn’t listed here

Please try to search for the key words in your question first before posting a new topic.

1 Like