For those waiting for replacement units

@Philips_Support_P I emailed nearly two weeks ago about my PPM that arrived with a faulty focus motor. I have yet to get a reply. Is this to be expected?

I sent Philips via email hello@picopix.com on 4/1/2020 to request a replacement due to the defect of the case and I still don’t get any response except the auto reply mail.

@Philips_Support_P - hi, what about for people like me who wants to return the PPM and get a refund? The team said they will forward my request to the logistics team but I haven’t heard back for over a week. I’ve sent the return/refund request to bugreport@screeneo.com but I understand that that email is being demised. Does that mean I need to email hello@picopix.com and start all over again? I already provided all the details - serial number of the PPM, my location and yes - I’m even confirmed to pay for shipping cost to return the item even if the device fails on a key promise when I backed the project back in August 2019 - which was digital zoom and 4 corner correction on HDMI. Please advise or respond to my email directly so I can finally get this sorted out. Thanks very much!

Regards,

John Wesley Phenco
(Contributor ID - 3415)

1 Like

Hi. I find my unit’s auto focus very inconsistent. Sometimes it is able to focus and sometimes it will not engage. No matter how I press left or right, the focus will not activate. It stays the same, not blurring and not sharpening. Everything is great except the auto-focus! Please advise Philips. Thanks

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N what is the point of this forum if you still never respond? It’s been 3 weeks since my email about my defective PicoPix Max without any reply. Please just tell me what I need to do to get it replaced. I’ve been very patient.

Hello all, the return process is still being setup. It is almost done now and we have started collecting pickup info from everyone on the returns list.

Background

The products have been / are being shipped as fast as possible to our backers. All the support/return/repair infrastructure is being setup in parallel. For the earliest backers this means they have had to wait 3 weeks now before the return system is operational. On top of this we have 400-500 email support requests being handled directly by the product team while the full Philips call center is being trained to handle those. Once the regular call center is operational you’ll get answers immediately.

Bottom line: we request some patience from our super early backers who need to return their product. This is a temporary problem. Our usual Philips level of customer support will be operational very soon.

2 Likes

Update: we are now collecting pickup information from those waiting to return their PicoPix. You’ll soon receive a short form to input the data.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P Hi mate, is it usual behavior for the auto focus to work at times and failed at other times? I would think the auto/manual focusing to work everytime it is engaged right? My unit all work as expected except this auto focus. Please advise. Thanks

And the unit is not rattling when gently shaken? Could this be a partially engaged gear that hasn’t come completely loose yet?

@wernerj Nope. Nothing loose. I thought so too… could it be partially loose? Today the auto focus working again… I really don’t know. Will wait and see since Philips is also quite overwhelmed at the moment and they allow extended warranty.

I don’t want to open it myself and void the warranty.

It can be, or there’s something that makes the gear really hard to turn. I assume there’s some mechanical noise when the focus motor runs and focusing works, does it make the same kind of noise when it doesn’t work?

I agree, don’t void the warranty. (I know, one of those “do what I say don’t do what I do”)

Thank you for the update.

@wernerj when it’s working, there was indeed the sound of mechanical gear moving but none when it’s not working.

That sounds like a different issue than the “the gear fell off”, this would indicate that it would get stuck (or not powered at all). You definitely want to have that looked at by Philips Projection/Screeneo…

That does sound like a different but related issue. Next time this happens will you be able to make a short video recording for us? Does it work if you use the left/right buttons to manually focus, if autofocus fails?

1 Like

No matter how I manual focus, nothing happens. It’s known that when you over focus it, it will go blur but this is just not the case. No matter how long I press on the manual focus, it just stays the same. But at times, it will work mechanically. At times I had hoped that it will either work completely or failed completely. At least at that point, I will be less confused. Haha

Can’t upload my video. It says my video is more than 4MB in size.

How/where is this info being collected. I’m one of those who emailed back when the bugreport email was still active and didn’t get a reply except the auto email on Jan 3.

Hi @djyvr, a form is being sent to be filled in by the customer. If you’ve not received it yet, send me a PM with your name or email address. I will check the status.

Hi, I own the PPM with constant thermal shutdowns at higher temperatures, you’ve heard my story @Philips_Support_P. I am pretty happy with it when it works. But certainly I’d like to get a replacement. I paid USD142 customs duty, same as everyone who ordered it in Thailand. How to deal with it in case of replacement?

Hi @Sergey, fully understand that you want a replacement.

Please contact support@screeneo.com and tell them you already have your projector and would like to return it because it is defective. The replacement is free of cost.

I am just worried if it is some other issue that may occur again with the new unit. Anyway let’s get you a replacement and see what happens.