For those waiting for replacement units

Hi Caroline, sorry to hear this!
I’ve successfully used a different brand of charger, this one from Helpers Lab:

To me that’s proof that the PPM isn’t Phillips “sensitive” when it comes to the charger. So I also think it’s a fault with the PPM unit itself. Contact support@screeneo.com and tell them the whole story, starting with the faulty charger.

I hope they can find a solution before the birthday!

Hi there, backer 83 here, I was wondering whether there other backers who also received a PicoPix Max that doesn’t project any image at all…?

Thank you @IvoGrijt…I will have a look at this one. Much appreciated

@Caroline_Hilton perhaps instead of looking for someone local(ish) to exchange with you could look for anyone having a working PPM to test their charger with, so you can figure out whether it’s your charger or your PPM that’s faulty. If it’s the former, you can get another charger quickly. If it’s the PPM however you might want to have that exchanged ASAP to meet your time planning.

1 Like

@LLG are you from Philips?

Hi @Georgeleecc,

No, I’m not.
I’m just a french happy user of PPM (geek inside) who contribute to this Community as moderator :wink:.
As I read a good bunch of threads here, I gather information and try to help people with these.
I share my own feelings and experience in using this tiny piece of technology too.

If we come back to this thread, I’m sure that when @Philips_Support_P or @Philips_Support_N will have some news, they’ll share them with us !

@Philips_Support_P @Philips_Support_N - As you can see from the image, I replied to the email request for pics and video of the defective device 8 days ago but haven’t received any sort of confirmation or correspondence of any kind since then. Again, I’ve been extremely patient through this process and would just like to be updated on the status of the replacement.

Thank you.

Hi,

I first emailed on 8th January 2020 about my faulty projector. I sent the requested pictures and video and have heard nothing from you in response. No acknowledgement of receipt email, no form, no contact at all except for an automated response.

I live in Hong Kong and so am very sympathetic to the fact that the coronavirus has had an effect on manufacturing which would delay replacements being sent out. However, I can’t see why this would affect your ability to provide good levels of customer service in responding to emails unless your customer service in based in China or Hong Kong (and even then this has not stopped businesses from working remotely).

I would be grateful for a response and confirmation that my email and attachments have been reviewed and, when the manufacturing is up and running, a working replacement will be sent asap.

@dhan and @HyAnPo sorry about it, could you email support@screeneo.com with the same photos/videos? It’s handled by our support team who respond very fast. You’ll get a ticket number assigned to follow up. You can just forward your email to this address.

Background

In the beginning we were using a separate mailbox, because the support agents were not trained. This mailbox got overloaded, and we are still handling those messages one by one. It’s closed now, so @HyAnPo it looks like your message wasn’t delivered to us at all. I can see from the to: address that it’s the reply address of the closed mailbox. We are now importing all those tickets into our central help desk, but this work is not finished yet.

1 Like

@Philips_Support_P I have yet to receive any update and instead @LLG who doesn’t speak for Philips provides a comment which with all due respect doesn’t address the issue.

Hi @Georgeleecc as announced, due to China lockdown we are not able to pick up or replace any units right now. We’re still waiting and hoping for offices to reopen this week. As soon as it’s possible for our logistics partner to come back, we’ll be picking up return units and sending replacements in parallel. Sorry for the delay, we’re waiting too.

1 Like

Thank you @Philips_Support_P. Noted with thanks.

Something I don’t think I’ve seen anywhere is what the expected shipping times are for the replacement batch. The first delivery took around 2 weeks from China to Europe, a couple of weeks for customs issues, and then a couple of days from Germany to ultimate destination once the import formalities were sorted out.
I’m hoping that the next shipments will be by air freight from China and the import lessons have been learned so that delay won’t happen again.
Could someone from Philips give an expected timeline from the point of factory re-opening. E.g. 2 days packing, 1 day air freight, 2 days customs, 2 days final delivery leg.
I know you can’t say with certainty when the factory will open, but the rest should be known.

As my tag line says, I don’t know shipping details. But I do know that as soon as the offices open the first shipments will be to people waiting for a replacement. They’re pushed to the top of the list. Luckily it’s not many units, probably all will be shipped out the same day or the next. That’s all the info I have on timelines but I hope it gives hope to everyone waiting patiently for replacement units, thank you for being patient while we figure this out!

3 Likes

I understand that you’re not a shipping guy @Philips_Support_P :grinning:
But this is the Philips support group and it’s not unreasonable to think that someone might have some idea how long delivery will take once it’s started.

No one can say for certain when what’s going to happen.

Everything that was supposed to be coming from China in the last few weeks / months has been delayed.
Even the 2 sunglasses with prescription glasses I ordered locally (total cost close to the PPM’s), are apparently made in China, meaning I have to wait patiently. When they finally allow everything to start back up (which may be a lot later than everyone expects or hopes for now) the backlog will be huge, so even if the factories used for making the PPM are opened on the 24th the products may take much longer than usual to leave China.

So please everyone, stop asking and wait for the news as it develops. The Screeneo team have kept us up to date whenever they did have something to share.

3 Likes

any news about a possible pick up date of faulty unit in Europe?

Yes EU pickup also started, but one by one as we get data sharing permission from each customer.

2 Likes

Hi @Philips_Support_P what information do you need and why wasn’t that collected using the form that was sent.
How do we check that we haven’t been forgotten about :sweat_smile: