Gaming Controller Capability

Hi Arnaud,

I just have the older, regular sixaxis without dual shock, so the vibration thing is not an issue for me. But I found a sixaxis countroller app in the aptoide store that you could install, maybe that helps! But I didn’t really play around with that much since the controllers do work quite well when plugged in via cable.

1 Like

Hi,
I tested with XBox360 Wireless Controller connected via USB Dongle:
-Naviagion in the menu of PPM has the problem, that it is not possible to select something (already described above).
-Steam Link App works fine for in-house streaming and recognizes the controller
-Sonic CD installed from Amazon Appstore didn’ recognize XBox360 Controller

With Steam Controller:
-Connection via Bluetooth worked, navigation the menu is also not good (you get a mouse pointer and can click, but not scroll the menu. All the other buttons didn’t seem to work)
-Connection via USB Dongle didn’t work.

Do you know if there are any apps to improve the use of controllers on PPM? Would it be possible to add something to the OS for this?

I need to test other apps with the controllers and steam link app with the steam controller.

I think for controllers, you basically just need to search about how they work on Android. In my experience, my wired Xbox 360 gamepad was working fine but it wasn’t good enough for system navigation, only for playing.

Thanks. Not easy to find a good source but what I found is that on android the system UI can have support for controllers and each app itself also of course needs to support for controllers. Haven’t thought about that apps can support controllers even if the system UI does not.

On this topic i think its annoying that in android app stores I know of there is no filter function to only show games that support controllers.

The steam controller works on the PPM connected via bluetooth within the steam link app.