General info about shipment and manufacturing

From what I understand, because of this high percentage of errors on such a small sample they DID go back and check them all. Or they will on Monday as they move into last inspection before shipping. Either way, the Australian shipment should leave in the next few days if I’m understanding everything correctly.

1 Like

He’s not the sole individual supporting them, it’s just he does it so eloquently that there’s no point adding unnecessary messages.

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You can always show you agree with someone by Liking their post, that will show others that there’s peeps out there who support what’s been said.

4 Likes

Haha, that’s why I’ve liked a few of your posts. Don’t have time to do it all the time :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks for the updates @Philips_Support_N - it’s nice to get a peek behind the scenes with the pictures too :smile:

2 Likes

We use standard AQL sampling for the QC. So for the lot size of 500 the correct sample size is 50 units for the general inspection level II. The acceptance criteria for AQL level 1.5 is accept at 2 but reject at 3 failures. So the lot was rejected.

100% sampling is neither required (due to online QC in the production line) nor does it give significantly more confidence that there are no defects (AQL sampling is already at 95% confidence level that the defect rate is under 1.5%). This is actually tightened now from 2.5 that we used earlier, which has resulted in 2.7% return rate (refund included) but only 1.9% defect rate at the moment from what I have seen. It’s still not very good for day-0 defect rate but it’s not unheard for a first shipment.

( Also from what I’ve heard if the reworked lot also doesn’t pass AQL then they will do 100% check and pick the passing units for shipment. )

10 Likes

And as they make more after having learned from these mistakes the passing rate should get better and better in my opinion.

Great and insightful post, thanks! :+1:t4:

So the lot is then rejected, I am curious, what would happen to it? Do you have to redo the 500 from scratch? What does this mean to the shipping schedule ?
Plz kindly let me know

Once the lot was rejected,

The implications on the shipping timeline are that each day without enough completed items to warrant shipping out (as that goes by the 500’s or 1000’s) could lead to delays in shipping. But, they’ll check and rework all the 500 mentioned in the lot that had 3 out of 50 rejected again.
If they then do the same sampling of 50 and find more than 2 are rejected, they’ll test them all and allow those that pass the test to be added to the shippable lot.
So say in this 500 reworked and retested batch they find 480 that were ok, those get put aside for shipping while they go back to fix the 20. Testing the autofocus is quickly done as it doesn’t require reopening the case, reworking it takes longer.

2 Likes

So what was the whole point then of telling us there was 700 units that are waiting to be packed and shipped as soon as the factory opened? I’m sure that’s what most of the forgotten eu backers the au/nz backers were all led to believe that these 700 are getting packaged to ship and now a week later it will at least be in transit if not at customs, but instead? Anyway it is what it is

3 Likes

New update.
First Factory: 500 pieces are now OK. Need to package them. We should be able to ship them on Wednesday or Thursday
Second factory: QC on going, we should have some news in few hours

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N:
This seems confusing, is it a typo an you meant to say 500 pieces are noW OK?
Cause why would you package and ship anything that’s not okay? :man_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

NOW :slight_smile: sorry

4 Likes

I get it, the excitement must’ve been running high (or autocorrect is to blame) :wink:

1 Like

I was going to reply and ask the same thing earlier but didn’t think I was going to get a direct reply anyway so I didn’t bother, I don’t know if that part of needs to be packed was a reply to my question in regards to the 700? I have no idea, to be honest every announcement made by Phillipsnono is what can best be described as cryptic

1 Like

Ok so I was right, wasn’t going to get a reply to my original question

That’s even better than the smart farts from the other thread :joy:

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N It’s been a week since you resumed operations, and haven’t sent out the first unit of the 11,000 you’re supposed to have SHIPPED before the ever-changing 10th of April. Are you still confident that you’re going to be able to produce and ship more than 2,500 units per week?

You were supposed to have 700 ready a week ago, 500 produced by one factory, and 2,500 produced by the other factory today. If you’re late, and will be changing dates, let us know now, not a day or two before the due date.

We prefer to give you now update everyday so you see what is the status

5 Likes

@Philips_Support_N as many other people keep saying, that’s a really evasive answer. The question is rather simple.

Are you, or are you not still on track to have everything shipped by the 10th of April?