General info about shipment and manufacturing

Absolutely…That is how it shd b…
Also too many answers are confusing…shd hv seperate update page for shipping by philips

You’re God damn right.

oh so everyone gets a reply, singapore gets a reply, ppl posting their backer id gets a reply, but you decide to continue ignore Hong Kong backer? I’ve been asking nicely, we dont want a refund, we only want an update, we are very frustrated. @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_1

1 Like

Can i check how do I find out my Backerkit number?

Hey…go to ur backerkit account.right click n select Page source…then ctrl F …enter Backer_id n u wl get ur 8 digit number

@zip

Start here:

This update has not changed for weeks-no further update on their shipment and production of new units

Hello,
Just as as example, here are the current cost for the countries we removed for the moment (we are trying to find a way for those ones, also to take on our margin to still ship, but the delivery lead time is slow):

Some of you paid 29euros, some of you paid 0. Today our average cost of shipping is around 58 USD worldwide.
Concerning product pick up: we found out many customers didn’t send their devices even after sending them the labels. Some of you already shipped back, we received some in our HK warehouse and we programmed their new device for the next shipment. As soon as we receive the defective product, we are shipping a new one in the next shipment.

Another info: for people saying that DHL is still working on those countries: yes they are. But not for special goods. If you have a LI battery, and with the size/weight of our parcel, + the fact that we need to handle the VAT (Yes a lot of you didn’t pay the VAT in some countries outside of EU :slight_smile:) DHL is, in some countries very slow or stopped to deliver.

Refund: Yes there is no possible refund anymore (before shipment), we already bought all the necessary components. But if a client doesn’t want its product after receiving it, we can for sure refund him during 30 days. On Indiegogo, the client can ask for a refund before shipment for around 14 days after purchase. Then Indiegogo blocks it.

Production will restart tomorrow after their holidays.

Also: a part of the tracking numbers will be delivered today (info from our forwarder)

We are OFF today and Monday. Answers by email are expected to be a bit slow.

3 Likes

Regarding the refunding policy:

Any thoughts on this? Philips have an environmental footprint policy don’t they?

Note: not asking for myself but in service of the community

2 Likes

There is a reason behind that. If you purchase something on Amazon and that the product is on the logistic side, you can’t stop the delivery. if you purchase a good on other Indiegogo campaign, you can’t even ask for a refund. Some other campaigners are even refunding 6 months or 1 year after. If you purchase a good on Internet, some companies won’t allow you even to modify anything after you clicked on PURCHASE.

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_1
Hi to all,
IGG # 14060 on October 3 2019 BakerKit #15585796
first question here … It’s related to the shipping progress but not for speed up it…I can wait, it’s my first Projector…
Well the problem is: On IGG and on BackerKit I gave my work address for send the Pico… this becasue at my home no one can pickup it during the working hours. BUT … around half of June
I will be retired so my work address will be not more valid. Can I ask if my Pico will be here in Italy before June (production and forwarder time)??? … otherwise I must ask for changing the delivery address…
Thanks
Rino

1 Like

Hello. As previously said. China is on holidays this week since last Friday. Production will restart on Sunday

1 Like

Hi Nono, I understand the current complexity around logistic/shipping cost. Once the production team is back to work, what is your best guess about basic production rate going forward (before QC) ? Is it fair to assume that you will probably send bigger size batches (for main locations such as EU) to reduce shipping cost ? Thanks

Is this like CNY? Do factories again have to get new workers?

@Philips_Support_N I assume you will still be sending us the tracking codes today when you receive them? As you said we would get them by end of week but you’re now saying you’re not working today?

Also, why are they only sending some tracking numbers and not all of then if they re on the same flight? Sounds a bit dodgy to me…

The tracking numbers have to be printed and labeled onto each individual package. This happens only when the shipment is really just about to board the plane, as there’s no point doing this if they’re not going anywhere.
Only when the labels are on the packages are they valid and hot, and can the Excel sheet be generated for those that have been labeled. It takes some time to label 2000 units, so only those that have been labeled so far might be available today, with the rest coming in tomorrow.

3 Likes

I dont get it. What about all those units ?
Could someone elaborate more on this ?

Ok. So I am entitled to a full refund after I receive it.

The last bit about the lead time I don’t get myself.

Full refund except shipping costs is what they’ve said before.