General info about shipment and manufacturing

your intentions when writing this message might have been noble and good … but your message comes across just as bad as possible … starting with bold font and exclamation marks …
yeah sure nearly a million people have died and the state of affairs in general can not be described with words like sad or dramatic ; i absolutely mean those words and agree with you there is way worse nowadays than a crowdfunding campaign among many others.
Yet; a forum is meant to be a place of exchange … this is simply not happening here… it is being used to drip feed pieces of information in a one-way fashion …
To make an analogy that most of us geeks would know about and understand this forum is running in Half-Duplex mode with its origin off Philips; that you can not deny either … so ultimately this is not a forum and people are using it to blow steam/vent their frustration because at the end of the day we are all human @Philips_Support_N, Yourself and … the rest of the world.

Hi @Philips_Support_N

A couple of production questions.

• How many engines/light engines do you have on hand?
  • is there any risk of delay to manufacturing because you are short on parts for the product.
  • what is the estimated output per week if all parts are available?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

1 Like

For HK, customers should receive their emails now from Backerkit

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N i am not fighting with you or have any personal issue we just want to be in knowledge when, how, who if you are thinking we choose to crowdfunding so we should be aware what is going on
But if we only purchase so we don’t care what is going on

I hope to understand everyone here and be patient with us we are trust philips but need clear methodology

Hello

1: 400 then 600 will come before the end of this week
2: yes, if the supplier cannot deliver, we cannot manufacture
3: we cannot say per parts: we have ALL the parts in stock except the light engine which comes day by day

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. What about other 1500 required Light engines, do you already have it at hand or you would need to wait for them before QC?

we need more than 1500: 8000!
This light engine is specific to us, very small and powerful, there is no stock and only 1 supplier able to do it. That’s why it’s a bit difficult sometimes with them.
They even increased their price in Sept last year because they don’t really care (more than 10%…).
It’s a very difficult process also and they cannot make 1000 a day. in Oct they produced 3K in advanced and since then producing them just for us

6 Likes

thank you!

so switzerland is still open :slight_smile:

What are you talking about? We just posted some news about HK shipment

Maybe because there is no plan?

@Philips_Support_N Can you confirm the recent EU batch got the flight to Germany on the 11th with no issues? Or are they still waiting at Hong Kong?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Tom, checking it

2 Likes

I just found out that I literally live next to your HK warehouse. It’s a 5-minute walk for me hahahah.

6 Likes

真係好肉緊,明明就係附近但要等幾個月 :joy: :joy: :joy:好有衝動踩上門

Any news about shipping to Greece? Please tell me the news

ahaha yes!

Thanks @Philips_Support_N :slight_smile:

And i get what you’re saying, but the fact that it was crowdfunded worldwide, just makes it impossible to handle it that way, in my opinion.

Just imagine Backer #3XX1 being in Indonesia, Backer #3XX2 being in the USA, and Backer #3XX3 being in England for example. Then you can’t just tell “Backers from #3000 to #4000 will get it in first half of April” when local post services and international shipping are not working properly. Also, it is quite a valuable good with battery in it, not just a letter.

I guess it’s more like doing the best they can for the maximum backers everywhere it’s possible, an it may be hard to summarize all this and tell precisely who gets his when.

4 Likes

So what’s the plan going forwards, as the light engine supply seems very slow to build? I would off thought a company that can produce a high powered light source in a compact form factor would be encouraging itself to push forwards as your demand will increase when you go retail and products only really ever get more compact, so their market is only going to grow.

Hello @Philips_Support_N, @Philips_Support_T and @IvoGrijt. I’m from Brazil and my BackerKit ID is: 15594448. I saw the post some days ago about suspended deliverys by DHL on Brazil. Today, on DHL website there is a information that they’re doing the deliverys but with a delay (1-2 days for Brazil). My Backerkit ID number was on one of the lists that was post here. I would like to know if my ppm will be on the next batch, or any another kind of information about my order.
Thank you for your time and helping :smiley: