General info about shipment and manufacturing

I hope so :slight_smile: I never waited so long for a good… but it is exciting ahah.
#3570 from Switzerland

We are probably the last to be shipped, dear eidgenoss, since we are not EU. We are handled seperately. :woman_shrugging:t3:

So just to get it right. 500 from factory 1 plus 1000 from factory 2 plus 700 that were ready before that totals 2200. Or the 700 ready are included in the 1000?

Also can you tell us how many you produce per day? Is it 500 or 1000?

Instead of replying and filling these threads with unnecessary comments, please read carefully. PhilipsNono already addressed this: the 700 pieces are included in the 1000 pieces from factory #2.

Workers are still flying in, so it is tough to estimate how many they can produce per day; on top of that, they are still learning to do this efficiently and effectively without returning it for QA. Give them at least 2-3 weeks to establish a consistent workflow.

EXAMPLE: you just built a new IKEA drawer from scratch in 2 hours, would it be fair to ask you right away how many you think you can build/produce per day? You’d guess 8 hours / 2 hours = 4 units/day. But what happens if 1 unit is faulty and has to be fixed? What if you get sick? What if your friends come and help you out? Suddenly your estimate of 4 units/day is no longer accurate, it could range from x to x units/day.

Would you be satisfied to hear this from Philips? No not at all, it only sets up for disappointment. Let the workers do their job, over time the number of units they can produce will be somewhat consistent; by that time, you don’t need to ask Philips, you can just derive it from actual data (e.g. if Philips reports about 400 units done for 7 consistent days, you can safely assume that on day 8 they will have another 400) .

3 Likes

I think one of the reasons for all the questions about those 700 units is that it’s very hard to keep track on the progress based on the numbers given. The numbers don’t seem to add up.

Based on your quote there should have been 950 packed ones at the 3rd of march that was ready for QC but two days later, on the 5th there were only 500 waiting for QC.

Also a bit confusing about which order they are doing the packaging and the QC. Last week it seemed that they did the packaging first but now it seems like they are doing QC and then the packaging. Might be because the problems the discovered at the first QC though…

NEWS:

• Shipment for the 500 pieces will be for forgotten ones + people that received a broken device + backers in order
  • Shipment for the 1K: AU/NZ
    Shipment should happen Wednesday or Thursday.
    We also remind that as soon as we give you the tracking number, some days could happen between what you see on DHL account and what is really happening.
16 Likes

@ PhilipsNono If you will send orders not by backer ID but by countries and regions, can you please tell about shipments order by country. Which is the order of countries, alphabet order or what?

AU/NZ is a bit different cause the SKU is different: there is one more plug inside.

2 Likes

when is next bath for europe / sweden ?

Thanks that the shipment is now slowly getting arranged. May I please know the shipment timeline for Middle East countries (Kuwait) as I have upcoming travel plans. I am backer 9983 (mid September 2019).

1 Like

Hi @Carljohan_Selke,

The next bath depends only on you :wink:.
But for the next batch for EU/Sweden, I think @Philips_Support_N will give information in the near future.

5 Likes

omg lol yes sure =)

So after the 1k Aus/NZ which country will be next? (just curious)

1 Like

Hello Everyone from Bonnie Scotland :slight_smile: Hope you’re all well? I’m concerned at the lack of clear information, the lack of how many units have actually been produced, like most of you, we have been quite patient and understanding of recent flu outbreak, but it’s time that Philips stop moving the goal posts as projects need to have milestones, in order to deliver the project in a timely manner. A counter on the page showing the number actual units that have been produced and sent to customer, so we may have hope of getting our PicoPix Max soon! @Philips_Support_N @Philips_Support_P

I’m backer no. 96** from Scotland

2 Likes

@Philips_Support_N Maybe a stupid question, but can you please confirm that all of the issues surrounding the last shipment to EU have been taken care of. Like missing documentation for batteries etc. that caused the delays last time.

Would also be nice if you could give us an estimate of the delivery time for the forgotten EU backers now. For what I can see it took about a month for the packages to reach the Swedish backers last time but I’m guessing it should be a bit faster this time, right?

1 Like

Fantastic to hear the shipment for the forgotten EU ones will finally commence within the next 48 hours :slight_smile:

Just a quick checklist:

1. Give the package forwarder only excel list with rows of the intended 500, not the the whole list like last time when they skipped IDs for some strange reason
  2. Ship directly via DHL air freight to Germany as AMS had some clear problems
  3. Include all the documentation the customs asked from the previous shipment
  4. Create a sticker post that clearly showcases: Destination warehouse of the freight from China to Europe + Chosen carrier (DHL?) + Chosen carrier for last mile shipment (DHL or local post?)

All the best from Finland with the next round of shipment!

2 Likes

Eagerly waiting for shipping details to India.

After next batch we still follow the backer orders

Backer number order or number of backers order?
I’m 1107. Can I expect in this batch?
Saudi Arabia.

yes that should be the case