General info about shipment and manufacturing

edit please note @tsouvli @kai and anyone thinking of requesting for a refund - you can’t actually ask for a refund until you’ve actually received the product and as far as the campaign is concerned you’re still on the hook until they deliver the product to you.

@tsouvli There is a gap in current regulations as it relates to consumer protection in crowdfunding. However the possible perspective for this particular situation may be that the “perk” is the ability to own the product first and give exclusive feedback in the development. Whilst a legal challenge of the failure to deliver this perk may be difficult to challenge under European consumer protection laws, the fact that they have described the benefit of being able to “own” the product first and that Philips is also making this commercially available will certainly be a factor in favour of classifying us as customers and therefore receive EU consumer law protection

(Consumer guarantees, warranties, claims and returns - Your Europe)

In other words,

1. because this has been marketed the way it has been,
  2. combined with the fact that Philips is pushing this out through their own sales channels and not exclusively to the crowdfunding platform,

weakens the often repeated assertion on this forum that we should be patient and accept that this is crowdfunding and not a regular product purchase.

As such, this would potentially provide you with all the legal protections under EU consumer protection laws.

Naturally you should seek your own legal advice for this and as this is a small quantum on an individual basis and not a class action law suit you should familiarise yourself with the small claims process.

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims-42-en.do

4 Likes

I also ask him to tell the truth but he only focus on the asking refund after he drive me crazy of his misleading information
More over i asked officially by Email and i got reply they can’t cancel at this time but Once it become personally he immediately cancel my contribution.

Second i ask for responsible person from Philips or screeneo and you are not

Hey, I don’t want a refund. I‘m looking forward to getting my ppm next week and hope that it will be good.

1 Like

Are definitely wanted next week?

Hi @Philips_Support_N, @IvoGrijt, @Philips_Support_T

Since there is so much confusion about people not receiving their devices, is it possible for someone from Philips or yourself to collate some lists that are posted to a new thread which cannot be replied to and keeps it clean for people to review which sorts backerIDs or Contributor IDs by country for those that have been shipped? I was trying to navigate around and find the list of ID’s that have been shipped, but with some of the users who are spamming the forum and so many individual questions, it’s hard to track down the information. I can completely understand that it’s hard for the moderators and Philips to get back to everyone in this forum, but a simple spreadsheet for each country showing who has shipped and who is ready to ship might really help suppress a lot of the chatter in this feed.

Is this something that could be generated and put in a different location other than in the midst of this conversation which is almost impossible to find?

Thanks for your continued efforts! Looking forward to the final product arriving someday soon.

3 Likes

You mean something like the summary thread we created so nobody has to hunt down information but instead can find it in one convenient spot?

Bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted.

1 Like

Hi,

I followed the instructions and sent you all my details to return my faulty unit. I told you you could come to pick it up last Friday (8th of April), but nobody came.

I emailed you again choosing tomorrow Friday. But you haven’t confirmed you are coming. Are you coming?

My email is libnypacheco@gmail.com

Thanks in advanced

Just curious, why so slow? Is it because most of the flights in Europe are cancelled?

Just out of curiosity, what’s your IGG number?

No, it’s because the tracking code you have is for your individual projector shipment from your local warehouse. Please see this post:

2 Likes

Hi Vamsi,

That is because India is currently on the no fly list, and DHL is not delivering. You will get an email only once DHL accepts the shipment. This could either happen post Apr 20 or May 3. We have to wait and watch.

For those people who are looking for a summary:

3018 - Shipped by Jan 2020 (before Shutdown)
1480 - Shipped second week of Mar 2020
1570 - Ready End March (1170 backers + 400 pre-orders) - Shipped April 12
1200 - Ready April Week 1 - Shipped April 12
400 - Ready April Week 3
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
3950 pieces were manufactured post reopening. This means effectively current output is now around 607 pieces per week.

• Last 2 batches were put on a flight on April 12. 272 people yet to recieve their shipping information.
  • Manufacturing resumed this week, but the output for the week is expected to be around 600 units. There is a holdup due to number of Light Engines available.
  • They should receive 1800 engines by Monday, April 20th and then 300 Light Engines everyday.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Disclaimer: These calculations are based on updates shared by @Philips_Support_N

Previous Summary

General info about shipment and manufacturing

9 Likes

Hi @imdevu and thank you for the summary!! It’s very nice to have a quick review of the status. May I suggest to sort the summary in the reverse order (I mean in the thread), so at the very beginning there is the last information?

NEWS:

• 784 Pieces are being prepared for QC tonight
  • Within those 784, 21 pieces will replace previous backers that received a defective units
  • We will keep you posted if it pass or not
  • If it pass, next step is packaging and shipping
  • We will also upload the list as soon as the QC is OK
15 Likes

Great news! I’m happy to see things are moving OK, but I hoped the units per week will be much more than this. I guess the light engine supply is a problem, but let’s hope after 20th of April once you get a streamlined supply chain, this would change. Otherwise seeing you have ~8000 yet to deliver, if we have an average 1000 per week, this would mean we’ll go into June. :slight_smile: Mid June is my bday so this would be my target before I get upset :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Nono… any update on the countries that you had difficulties sending to (specifically South Africa)?

totally agree with you: a thread with just official posts from Philips, simple and straightforward, no chat possible in such thread! It would be the best solution in my opinion, too.

3 Likes

The summary thread that @IvoGrijt linked to above is exactly that.

1 Like

Any going to the u.s ? I can’t see the numbers being despatched anywhere

we will give the list after the QC

4 Likes