General info about shipment and manufacturing

This is probably completely normal. See this post:

1 Like

Hey Daniel,

This is norma I believe. DHL still has to seperate the recieved shipment and put shipping labels on each individual package. The tracking number won’t become active till the have finished labeling them and scan each one into its system.

Based on previous shipments I think this has taken about a week for most people.

Congrats and enjoy,

Hello, I received a tracking number for my Pico-MAx on April 10th, but no updates on DHL since then. I called them, and they said they waiting for you to deliver the goods???
When this will be done please??

Thank you

Sylvia

1 Like

@Sylvia_Marinai I got my tracking code on the 10th too. This is normal. All the shipments are put on the aircraft in one big container which has it’s own tracking number. They got the flight on the 12th from Hong Kong to the Germany hub.

The shipment is now awaiting customs clearance in Germany. Once this is complete, DHL will then separate the packages and it’s not until your specific parcel is taken out of the container and scanned into the DHL network in Germany that it is marked on your tracking code that the package has been received.

This is why on DHL it says the route of your parcel is DE to Your country instead of China to your country.

It took the last shipment around 10 days from the flight to actually moving on the tracking number, so hopefully we dont have long to go.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nice one Tom…:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

News:
Unfortunately our QC rejected the production yesterday night.
Reasons: over AQL for some buttons functions and some products have an issue with missing screws on casing.
In order not to loose time, we asked the factory to produce new ones, and put asides those. They will be reworked later.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Individual status update requests

I have checked this with DHL. The tracking code is not an indication that the item has been shipped yet.

This means that the shipper has created the shipment information in the system. It does not mean that the product is in the hands of DHL.

In other words Screeneo has made a booking for pickup (we don’t know when) and DHL have given them a reference number/tracking code.

Actual movement status starts only once the product is actually in the hands of DHL.

So if you don’t see any status updates it means that the product is NOT in the hands of DHL yet.

Nevertheless, some update is better than silence. Fingers crossed Tom.

1 Like

Indeed! As far as I am aware they have used a forwarder to ship the 1000+ units to Germany DHL so it may well be that another airline or operator has carried out the bn initial flight to Germany.

As they are all in one big batch theres no way we can track this, only the forwarder who sent the container. Fingers crossed they get processed soon and our tracking numbers start moving. :slight_smile:

So QC checked the whole batch this time, not a sample?

1 Like

@kai i don’t think they meant checking the whole batch but it means, if what they are saying is the truth, is that the maximum number of faults in quality for the batch had already been reached and therefore they rejected the whole batch whether or not the remainder was checked.

What it means though, if what they are saying is the truth, is that the batch will not be delivered according to the “promised” timeline and of course will have knock-on implications on all subsequent batches and deliveries.

3 Likes

Unfortunately

In QC management, you don’t check 100% except if you know that this batch contains an issue. You check a certain percentage.
If you are over the AQL, then you reject the entire batch.

4 Likes

Please please give us a refund! Could you make an exemption? Please!!!

3 Likes

@Philips_Support_N could you have a look at this proposal please?

Maybe I misunderstand your previous message.
You only rejected a subsample of the sample that you checked instead of rejecting the whole batch that you sampled from?
If so: it is likely that the rate of faulty units in the rest of the batch, that is going be send, is higher than planned and will be returned. Right now when transport difficult.

It has been posted here multiple times already, but since the process is apparently still not familiar to all I’ll explain it once more. In the case of at least the EU batches (and probably others as well), the process goes like this:

1. In Hong Kong, the projectors are individually packed and given a DHL tracking code that is then sent out to the backers.
  2. The whole shipment is then packed in one container, which gets another DHL tracking code for the whole shipment. This tracking code is for DHL (and possibly Philips/Screeneo?) internal use only, it has not been distributed to backers.
  3. The container with all the projectors is then shipped from Hong Kong to a DHL warehouse closer to the backers, in the case of EU shipments in Germany. This stage can take many days.
    IMPORTANT: During this transfer, the tracking codes for individual projectors are not updated. The tracking will only show the following text: “The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically.” This is completely normal and does not indicate a problem with the shipment, it only means that the shipment containing all the projectors has not yet been delivered to the local warehouse.
  4. When the big container arrives in the local DHL warehouse, the individual projector packages are shipped to the backers in the region. At this point the tracking codes will start showing progress.
4 Likes

That does make more sense.

Though, the supply of light engines was announced as the bottleneck and not assembly or QC.

Where is the current list to be found?

We created a summary thread so nobody has to hunt down information but instead can find it in one convenient spot. Bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted.

The most current list is one of the first items linked to.