General info about shipment and manufacturing

@Philips_Support_N could you have a look at this proposal please?

Maybe I misunderstand your previous message.
You only rejected a subsample of the sample that you checked instead of rejecting the whole batch that you sampled from?
If so: it is likely that the rate of faulty units in the rest of the batch, that is going be send, is higher than planned and will be returned. Right now when transport difficult.

It has been posted here multiple times already, but since the process is apparently still not familiar to all I’ll explain it once more. In the case of at least the EU batches (and probably others as well), the process goes like this:

1. In Hong Kong, the projectors are individually packed and given a DHL tracking code that is then sent out to the backers.
  2. The whole shipment is then packed in one container, which gets another DHL tracking code for the whole shipment. This tracking code is for DHL (and possibly Philips/Screeneo?) internal use only, it has not been distributed to backers.
  3. The container with all the projectors is then shipped from Hong Kong to a DHL warehouse closer to the backers, in the case of EU shipments in Germany. This stage can take many days.
    IMPORTANT: During this transfer, the tracking codes for individual projectors are not updated. The tracking will only show the following text: “The instruction data for this shipment have been provided by the sender to DHL electronically.” This is completely normal and does not indicate a problem with the shipment, it only means that the shipment containing all the projectors has not yet been delivered to the local warehouse.
  4. When the big container arrives in the local DHL warehouse, the individual projector packages are shipped to the backers in the region. At this point the tracking codes will start showing progress.
4 Likes

That does make more sense.

Though, the supply of light engines was announced as the bottleneck and not assembly or QC.

Where is the current list to be found?

We created a summary thread so nobody has to hunt down information but instead can find it in one convenient spot. Bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted.

The most current list is one of the first items linked to.

So when they run out of those in their Supply, instead of waiting around doing nothing they’ll have a whole batch to rework to get it through the QC the second time around.

2 Likes

Usually the QC has the following logic:
You take a “representative” sample out of a lot, and you run your quality control over it. There are certain rules that make this test passed or not. If the test is not passed, the entire lot is rejected and has to be reworked (if possible). Rework could mean that every single part of the entire lot is fully tested and any single error fixed.
This means a lot of work, and a lot of money spent onto it.

Edit:
Just for an example, each lot is 1000units. Let’s say we take our sample of 50units, with certain rules (1 sample each shift of production, for example). On this units we run the full functionality test. As previously said here, there are rules for rejecting the test. Today’s test is not passed, so 1000 units have been put aside for (I think) full test on each item (@Philips_Support_N am I right?)

4 Likes

Maybe an idea to put the status of each list next to the link of the given list, like estimated flight/shipping date or general status, in QC/labeling that kinda thing, now its just a bunch of ids in a list :slight_smile:
would be even better if every ID was already in a list with it’s latest status.

1 Like

I finally received an e-mail on Thursday letting me know my PicoPix was finally shipped (after 8 months waiting).

I am so thrilled (I am kidding).

Now every day I visit DHL webpage, and everyday it says that the tracking number does not exist (it usually takes up to 48 hours to reflect, it has now been 4 days…)

Any idea? Has the plane crashed?

My backerkit number is: 15593248
DHL tracking number: 2630212395

Congratulations anyway. I was really pissed off for the past 3-4 months. But now I am really laughing at the all situation.

Anyway, even once received, I am sure the projector won’t be working properly and I will have to sent it back to get a refund.

Or that would be too easy right? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I explained this a couple of message earlier in this thread. Look here:

Good. Now give a refund to those who have requested one so you can deliver products SOONER to the ones who ACTUALLY want a projector.

Otherwise this will end in 2034.

6 Likes

So we cant track the container I want to track it :slight_smile:

Any update on the alternative shipping method for those countries esp. Kuwait where DHL (presumably) not delivering. Thanks.

@Philips_Support_N
I am also looking for an update for Saudi Arabia.
Contribution id: 1107. First 1170 batch list.

Do you know where I need to look to find out what my backerkit ID is? I logged on at backerkit.com but don’t see any ID there either. Thanks

Hey Davi,

Please refer the thread: Demystifing Numbers (Indiegogo, Backerkit etc.)
This will help you to fetch your backerkit ID.

3 Likes

Looks great,

Thanks😃

1 Like

Hi
Since philips doens’t answer we have to bother u…

1. any idea how many pico left for the u.s and which month are they expecting to fulfil that?
    Also I still find these threads with scattered info.
    Where does philips post list of numbers who they are sending picos to this time ?