General info about shipment and manufacturing

I look at first all the time in the summary for the last daily entry. But i checked the again the whole post,and i found this:

Maybe you should change this:
" Refund requests no longer accepted
[…]
You will receive your order as soon as possible."

“You will receive your order as soon as affordable.”

2 Likes

I would like to get more info about my shipment since I have none

That’s a good suggestion David. In the summary I just summarize information shared by Screeneo though, with some editing here or there for clarification.
That text you’re referring to is what Screeneo shared with us. It’s also the case for most backers and countries. The higher costs haven’t affected all shipments, so changing the line wouldn’t feel right to me.

Hello, my Indiegogo contribution ID is 6516, since 04/10/2020 my shipment is marked as sent by backerkit, when I enter DHL to track there is no shipping information.

In the attached screenshots you can see its status.

I would like to know if you have any additional information to be able to track the shipment and see approximately when I will receive it.

Cheers.

Hi Marc, welcome!

You can start by having a look in this very thread, a few posts up:

So please be patient just a bit longer.

By the way, we created a summary thread so nobody has to hunt down information but instead can find it in one convenient spot. Bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted.

You’ll find this information posted there also.

ohh, ok I had not read those posts, I will keep waiting a few more days to see if after Tuesday there is more new information.

Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

Wow, that’s expensive :open_mouth:

What is the process for returning the product and get a refund?

Click on the name of the person you want to talk to, there will be an option to message as in the screenshot below.

cheers

2 Likes

Is the fan noise reduction achieved by software or hardware? Will everybody get this benefit?

3 Likes

I believe it was supposed to be software. From what I remember the fan didn’t actually take core temp into affect and of it was on a specific setting it would be a hard coded speed, not variable . So it didn’t matter if it was really cool and the unit was not in jeopardy of over heating it would automatically be at max speed for the specific mode.

I believe they were going to make it variable based on temp.

I could be wrong though. @Philips_Support_P can you verify what the changes are to fan speed.

Please, Do not forget Backers in Viet Nam. Thanks so much ( on 9 PPM pcs).

1 Like

Im a backer from Argentina. So high shipping costs means i wont get my ppm anytime soon? i though shipping costs were included in the offer you made.
Thanks for your prompt answer!!

3 Likes

Increased shipping prices are not our problem…

3 Likes

They know. Just don’t care about every backer too much. And want to save moneyz. Because we can wait forever and they decide when and who will recieve what. We will wait until shippment will fit their margins even if will happen next year on full moon.
No matter when you backed, how many emails you sent and strong words used sitting on this forum.

Small company paid for Philips brand usage, promised ton of things and collected ton of money for single project (applause here). Funny that it was featured as Indegogo as “guaranteed to deliver before christmas” after I personally already backed this project.
And. No responsibility. Its crowdfunding, what you expected?
They even can promise to build the spaceship and deliver paper plane, it’s our risk and our problems as backer.
There is no their problems anymore.

We should be happy that they even answerring to us.

Only thing that we can do as backers fooled by big brand name is to reject to buy Philip’s products and blame them in ratings and reviews around the world.

And yes. Probably they do care… but too less people to handle such a huge army of backers when everything everywhere goes wrong.
I pretty sure they originally thought it will be piece of cake )

4 Likes

Yes it is. No denying that. But not very much more expensive than the usual use of express courier services. Pre-covid19 express courier services for an individual cost this much anyways.

What I am posting this screenshot to demonstrate is that if you fact check all the statements that Screeneo makes on this forum and which is repeated by some of those on this forum without verification then you’ll find that there is a disconnect with facts that are clearly available to anyone.

In this thread for example, Screeneo posted an image above that shows the shipment via UPS on some aggregator site and not UPS themselves mind you, to be above EUR242. I have checked on the DHL site itself and the cost is actually approximately EUR127 with a 5 day delivery guarantee.

Whilst it is true that deliveries are taking longer or stopped in some countries, this does not mean that services have stopped. They have also made statements that medical shipments are being prioritised by the courier services, which many have verified with the courier companies themselves and is also factually untrue.

The question must therefore be asked - is DHL lying about its quoted costs and delivery timelines on its own website or is someone else?

edit and just to preempt the most likely response from the so-called “independents” on this forum, I’ve checked on a quote from UPS too. Almost the same prices. Remember, this is just an individual consumer checking for quotes on a website and not a commercial shipper or forwarder who can secure wholesale prices.

3 Likes

But for discussion sake, let us all accept

• the prices quoted by the shipping companies are as high as stated,
  • delays are the fault of the courier companies
  • delays are also the fault of Customs and forwarders
  • delays are caused by the factories
  • delays are caused by the virus

what is Screeneo responsible for? I think that being honest is a very big part of it and actions speak louder than words. And more importantly, having taken money from your backers, recognising that responsibility.

3 Likes

With enough people affected by a product or failure to deliver a product especially when money has already been paid there are potentially grounds for legal action against the responsible parties and the reputational impact to the individuals involved will far outweigh the cost you paid for your product.

1 Like

I don’t think you’d get anywhere with legal action on account of this very unique situation the world is in right now.

As for me, yes I’m frustrated that after finally getting an email saying my PPM has shipped , its still not here. But as has already been explained, medical supplies have been prioritised as urgent and a piece of home entertainment is not.
I’m fine with that. As should everybody else be, though I don’t speak for you all.

Fingers crossed there’s some movement on Tuesday as has also been posted. But again, medical supplies to combat the Coronavirus must take presidence.

3 Likes