General info about shipment and manufacturing

Try doing a search for the word estimate in this thread alone, you’ll find it’s one of the most requested things in this thread alone. Philips doesn’t give estimates anymore but rather tell us what was actually achieved.

we tried several tracking numbers in Europe now and a lot of them are working… They are scanning now

1 Like

I’m 9053 and mine is in transit. I’m guessing based on outputs and delays, you’re probably not going to see a notification for another 8-10 weeks. Just a guess based on everything I’ve read here.

Considering China is off tomorrow. Any updates today will be appreciated on manufactured/QC/light engines. @Philips_Support_N?

1 Like

we are waiting for the numbers. They are still working now

1 Like

Please check this link: How to find your Backerkit ID
It has the lists at the top.

Also:

We created a summary thread so nobody has to hunt down information but instead can find it in one convenient spot. Bookmark that and gather your daily digest from it, you can always click on the quotes in that topic to jump right into the actual thread where it was actually posted.

This summary thread also points to the link I gave you.

Hahahaha!!! This update is unbelievable!

6 days to get from HK to Belgium - Impressive

The customs clearance happened in Belgium and not in Germany as your previous updates!

1 week blocked in Belgium but they received it on 17th and released them on 27th that is 10 days and not week. Apart if the Belgian week is not 7 days

Suddenly they managed to get them on 28th in Germany! Only in 1 day! Impressive after all these unexplained delays!

Next day on 29th DHL picked the products from warehouse? The warehouse of who? Not DHL warehouse? Strange!

Today are finishing the scanning. It’s already 4pm in Germany and many products has not been scanned yet! Scanning a pallet takes only a few minutes!!! 1 -2 seconds per item is about 3000 seconds for your batch! That is about 1 hour!!!

This is the most ridiculous update ever!
Someone is lying in front of our faces and no one takes action from you guys!

I hope that someone will take it seriously and will reply to this revising the update with true information!

2 Likes

Hi 9053,

Thanks for that! That’s all I needed to know :slight_smile:

Do I need to wait abit longer?

What do you want me to say. We can’t go to DHL warehouse and check what they do. We are giving you the information we got from our forwarder and also DHL

6 Likes

I do not want you to say something but you report information from your forwarder and DHL that are obvious lies! So why you do not object to such lies and demand the true events and then report what actually happened. You can’t just accept an obvious lie and reproduce it!

So I would suggest to escalate the issue with your forwarder and try to find what is happening!

5 Likes

Hey there… I must admit, I am still confused by the numbers and spreadsheets. What I do know is that I am starting to get flak from my boss for suggesting him to get the PicoPix Max via Indiegogo.

Yes, I am aware what a crowdfunding is, but of course especially in this times, with everyone being tight for cash etc. due to Corona, this still puts me in a quiet uncomfortable position.

I did learn now that there are two important numbers, right? The indiegogo contribution ID and the backer_id from the backerkit source code. Is it safe to post these here? And if so, will this help me to get a clearer picture as to when we can expect to see the projector?

Cheers,

Tom

Here is the service update from DHL and UPS:
https://store.rc4wd.com/Countries-and-Zip-Codes-with-Affected-Shipments_b_266.html
The original one is in Chinese. We are trying to find a solution for those countries.

3 Likes

all of this is confusing me I don’t understand how all this works, all I know is I have had it shipped electronically from the 10th & still nothing has changed

@Philips_Support_N Thanks for your transparency and help with getting the units sent out :). Looking forward to finally using my Picopix! :smiley:

Hi Tom123, I can see in your tracking number that it has been scanned yesterday night a 23.59.

Which Tom? Me Tom or Tom123 Tom? :slight_smile:

Mine has arrived in the UK and will be delivered tomorrow (confirmed by text from DHL UK). Yay! That’s the weekend sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Philips_Support_N Could you please tell the estimated batch no./List no. for next UAE shipment (Contribution ID # 155XX)

Mine still stuck on April 10th.

Tried the UK DHL tracking page and got no joy there either.