General info about shipment and manufacturing

I reckon it will start moving again next week

1 Like

I read toray is a national holiday in Germany so that’s probably all we’ll see for movement until next week :grimacing:

If it doesn’t change anything why are you concerned about it? If it’s taking up your and their time responding to it, the likely effect ultimately will be for them to insist the problems are fixed. Your wanting to hide away from the problems isn’t a good response.

If it means they’re being alerted to the shambolically inept communication from your support desk I fully recommend people keep sending them messages.

There’s a really simply way to stop people escalating to Philips - sort out basic communications and update people. It’s in your hands.

3 Likes

I agree 10000% with this.

They have the ability and resource to do this already - if I buy/back a product from a multi-million pound organisation my expectations are way higher, than it is from buying from a startup - this is why so many people have such a low patience threshold for this project (and the C19 shiz)

2 Likes

Updates regarding Brazil (and other “blocked countries”)?

For those who are looking for a high level summary:

3 Likes

Hello @Philips_Support_N and @Philips_Support_T . Any notice for brazilian backers? Any new informativo or preview?

2 Likes

I think it must be obvious that:

1. the campaign got so many backers because of the Philips brand
  2. a large majority of backers actually considered this as a low risk/safe bet because of that name and were effectively online shopping instead of backing

Add to that the heavy advertising that was done for this campaign… it was literally impossible to miss this. How many other campaigns are advertised so aggressively?

So yes, I don’t find it such a bad thing if big brands stay away from crowdfunding if they cannot assure similar consistency and service as they do for their other products. Because more people are backing with that service in mind instead of the possibility to access the developers.

As for Screeneo, I agree with someone who mentioned that they got what they should have (and should have prepared for). They surely can’t be so naive and expect to use Philips’ name but not cater to expectations that come with such a name. If they wanted to serve as Screeneo they should have used Screeneo brand.

I am still waiting patiently and fully understand the delays. Have also not written to CEO & co. But i fully understand those who have and don’t think it is wrong in any way.

8 Likes

@Philips_Support_N @IvoGrijt,

Just a quick question about the BackerKit ID numbers and if I missed something. All the ID’s that have been in the lists of shipped devices have been starting with 155XXXXX, but my ID is a 168XXXXX, just curious if there was a different between the numbers that start with 155 and 168 since all of the current shipments are 155. Wanted to make sure I didn’t make a mistake doing something and I’m on a totally separate list. Probably nothing, but thought it was worth asking.

@IvoGrijt, I know you aren’t Philips staff, but thought you might have some insight.

Thanks for everything you are doing!

I’m 169XXXXX backerkit ID
I hope that doesn’t mean there’s another 100000 units before they reach us hahah

Well done! This summary view so nice. Some one in contribution id around 12/13k around can expect in next batchs. According to my contribution; I have to wait for 3/4 more batch.

I don’t need to ask Philips for status :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

As long as you followed the advice in https://community.philipsprojection.com/t/how-to-find-your-backerkit-id/5181?u=ivog and found your Backerkit ID, then yes, the number is correct.

The Backerkit ID is issued by Backerkit to everyone using their services, along all campaigns. When Philips sends out a survey for let’s say 1000 backers, those backers get assigned a Backerkit ID according to the order in which they filled it in, by just selecting the next available number. So if Philips Indiegogo backer 990 is quick to fill in the survey, he’ll get a Backerkit ID number that’s lower than IGG backer 20 who didn’t fill in the survey till a week later. But for shipping order that doesn’t matter, 20 will get his before 990 (country prioritization not included in this example). All of the Backerkit ID’s will be in reasonable vicinity of each other as Philips might’ve been the only Backerkit service user releasing surveys at that moment.

So after two weeks, another 1000 backers get sent their surveys. By now, some other Backerkit service users running other campaigns have also sent out and gotten back surveys. Those people got the next available Backerkit ID’s that have nothing to do with this campaign, again, it’s just how Backerkit identifies their surveys. This means that the numbers will have jumped, if a lot of surveys were filled in by other campaigns’ respondents then it might be a huge gap from the first 1000 from Philips.
And so on and on.

So you see, the Backerkit ID numbers mean nothing essentially when it comes to defining the fulfillment order, it’s just to identify your survey. It’s like a social security number would identify you in a queue, but your position in the queue itself is dictated by which service you need and when you joined the queue or drew a number.

Not so fast. There’s been overnight movement. Mine has gone from Cologne , Germany to Dresden , Germany.

1 Like

same here

1 Like

Just checked. Dresden has an airport. Hopefully might be in the air tonight , to quote Phil Collins.

1 Like

And mine too! Fingers crossed for early next week

@Philips_Support_N I’ve sent an email changing my address but haven’t receive any kind of confirmation and my old address still appears in backer kit… what should I do?

Hello my order is: Contribution ID
15088 When can I ship in China?

9 days that I received my DHL tracking number and still no update… This is ridiculous… :smiley:

https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/tracking/tracking-express.html?submit=1&tracking-id=2630212395

What to do seriously?..

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: It’s here! - First Impressions and Thoughts